• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

eating banana skin

touie

Wise Old Thumper
I was unpacking my shopping with a little help from Fudge :roll: and i looked round and caught him with a strip of banana skin in his mouth :shock: I swear if i put it in his bowl he wouldn't touch it, in fact he doesn't like bananas usually let alone the skin!!! Is the skin dangerous as it's not normally eaten? :?

Kovu got onto the dining room table yesterday and helped himself to Dads banana...he took a good chunk out of it, skin and all, before I found him. I was worried at first but hes had no ill effects from it!

I've always fed mine banana skin, no problems. But like the banana itself it is full of sugar so don't give them lots or they'll get porky.

There was a thread the other day on this and quite a few people were saying their buns eat the whole lot and it is not dangerous but, like Isla says, is high in sugar so should be in small doses.

I give banana with the skin on. Usually I take one and split it in three, as I have three bunnies and I don't want them to get too much sugar from eating a whole one.

Back