• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have had some female 'bonding' success

flowergirls

Warren Scout
Hi
I posted a few weeks ago when i got my 2 rescue rabbits Bluebell and Rose, 2unneutered females who were only introduced to each other in July.
I was hoping that they would be able to share my bunny proof garden with my neutered female Daisy, although I didn't hold out much hope.
They have spent the last few weeks either the pair or the single rabbit in the run or vice versa and so have got used to the others' scent and sight.
In the last week I have been putting all 3 in the neutral territory of the bath for short periods and it has become clear that the neutered Daisy is the 'boss'. She was nipping the others on the bottom and chasing but that's it. The last time they all snuggled up together so today I have released them all in the garden together- and it;s going well!
Daisy chasing the others is as far as 'negative' behaviour's gone.
I am of course` watching them all carefully but they are all just doing their own thing- sunbathing, eating grass, the odd chase- I am delighted!!
They will continue to have their own hutches (one for the unneutered rabbits Rose and Bluebell, and one for Daisy)- but just to have them all able to enjoy the freedom of the garden together at daytime is great.
Daisy (an English Spot) is a much bigger and bossier rabbit than them, but maybe the fact that she's neutered and they're not, and there's 2 of them and 1 of her has redressed the balance??
I feel lucky, but will watch them cautiously!!

Back