• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are you against Petshops selling Rabbits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed it other day, think somebody posted in general chat, also posted this link onto another site to :D xx

I can't sign it as mine came from a pet shop and i would be hypocritical to say so x

My first rabbit came from a pet shop to. At that time i didnt know about all these rescues, i would NEVER buy a rabbit from a pet shop now though, after seeing all these suffering buns, i walk into pet shops and get so angry and upset looking at all the bunnies not knowing where they are going.
So some people may say im being hypocritical but in my opinion - im not!

I can't sign it as mine came from a pet shop and i would be hypocritical to say so x

My very first Rabbits came from a Pet Shop. I knew nothing about Rescues back then. Come to think of it I knew nothing about Rabbits either :rolleyes:
I was the typical 'buy on impulse' customer. I was sold a 4 foot hutch and told it was big enough for 3 standard Rex Rabbits :shock:
I was told absolutely nothing about how or what to feed a Rabbit and when I asked if any of the commercial foods were OK I was told 'yes, Rabbits eat anything' :rolleyes:

Soooooooooooooo if you now think that you would not buy a Bun from a Petshop in the future because of what you now no about Rabbits in Rescues I dont see how signing the petition is hypocritical

Janex

I will sign it, I agree that "impulse buying" is responsible for some neglected animals but not all.

(Probably going to get a public stoneing for this) but I don't think petshops are the problem per se. Its education, informing people of the correct way to keep rabbits. So what if people get a rabbit from a rescue (there ARE bad ones out there) if they are not given the correct information regardless of where that animal came from it could still be neglected. If only it were as simple as we get rid of petshops all the rabbits would be loved and well cared for but this just isn't the case.

My first 5 rabbits came from a pet shop but I would never buy one now ;)

I didnt know any better and the first was an impulse buy, I knew a bit about them but it was from childhood and outdated by this time.

petition signed :D

I'm against pet shops selling animals too - particularly bunnies. I don't shout at people for buying them, but I wouldn't do it again personally. I have a pet shop bought guinea pig, who is nearly 3, but no others anymore.

i signed it basically because now i am educated at the evilness these poor little babies get treated like.... i admit tho before i joined the forum the only reason i refused to buy a petshop rabbit is cus i didnt want to pay their prices.....(now im trying to count my pennies so i can give more than the required adoption fee) my chipmunks came from pets @ home stores... i would definately look into rescues for any future pets....and i think rescues should atleast get government funding and advertised so us uneducated lot actually know they exist....

when i first got my ferrets 2 who were dumped on me they were neutured but i didnt have a clue about them i went into a petshop and asked wat to feed them the guy came out with supa rabbit food i didnt question him but he said yer theyll eat this no probs of course me being gullable bought left it in their bowl to find it spred all ova the cage and none of it eaten so i looked on the net and found my answer!!!!!! i would like it so that petshops couldnt sell pets though but also to make it law that the staff are trained in animal care and welfare before i started work i made sure i had my diploma in animal care because that was the carreer i wanted to take, not like most staff where they are studying hairdressing, enginering and allsorts of stuff!!!!!:roll:

when i first got my ferrets 2 who were dumped on me they were neutured but i didnt have a clue about them i went into a petshop and asked wat to feed them the guy came out with supa rabbit food i didnt question him but he said yer theyll eat this no probs of course me being gullable bought left it in their bowl to find it spred all ova the cage and none of it eaten so i looked on the net and found my answer!!!!!! i would like it so that petshops couldnt sell pets though but also to make it law that the staff are trained in animal care and welfare before i started work i made sure i had my diploma in animal care because that was the carreer i wanted to take, not like most staff where they are studying hairdressing, enginering and allsorts of stuff!!!!!:roll:

Yet you sell YOUR Rabbits to Petshops :?

Janex

Yet you sell YOUR Rabbits to Petshops :?

Janex

only very rareley and only my friend works there and asked me to so that they know where thier coming from! i dont want any arguements jane i would prefer if you put me on you ignor list as i havent the time for you, you are very abusive and frankley if i saw you on the street id do something id regret for wat you have done in the past so please leave me alone dont talk to me, dont talk about me as far as im concerned i dont exist to you because
im to bloody fat and of know use!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back