• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found a little gold mine yesterday

holidayhutch

Warren Veteran
Decided to go for a drive for half an hour between clients and found a fantastic farm selling animal feeds etc. Thought no harm in looking and WOW what a gold mine. 15kg bags of natural dried grass for £7.50 (been previously paying £2.70 for a 1kg bag), huge bags of magazorb for £6 and lovely soft bales of meadow hay for £4 a bale. They had loads of different branded and unbranded rabbit foods, horsey stuff, dog food, straw, hays etc and enormus bags of carrots straight off the farm for £1.50. I'm a happy bunny, even though the car needs a good vac from bringing home the hay - LOL:lol:

Which part of Brum do you live? I live North, Sutton Coldfield, and there are quite a few farm shops round here!

right by the centre..... no farm shops round here that i can find :( 10 miles is prob the closest... thank goodness for online

right by the centre..... no farm shops round here that i can find :( 10 miles is prob the closest... thank goodness for online

Hi Alvins Mum, I work right by five ways (and drive in) so if you wanted anything from Hungry horse in Solihull I can get it for your. Megazorb & big hay bale £9 today. I get in to work at 8:00 ish and leave between 4 & 6.

Hi Alvins Mum, I work right by five ways (and drive in) so if you wanted anything from Hungry horse in Solihull I can get it for your. Megazorb & big hay bale £9 today. I get in to work at 8:00 ish and leave between 4 & 6.

awww thanx thats a lovely offer.... i may take you up on the bale of hay.... one day.. just wasted a fortune on the shop bought stuff! or i may even head over to solihull myself and have a little nose at what farm shops have to offer next week.....

It's worth it for the megazorb & if you buy it reddi grass/carrots. Although my snooty lot have just turned their nose up at the hay bale. Oh well, they've decided to eat pets at home hay bale so at least I don't have to shell out for super forage anymore.

Back