• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

aarghhhh bonding injury...advice pleez

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
well i did it for an hour the day before yesterday.bonded four buns in panels without anything in pen on concrete..apart from nippy bif fine squabbles minor lots humping no one hurt. like an idiot i split them up..
today only 20 mins outside it was tooo cold for bandit n bif.
We got the pen up in our only neutral room then popped them all in then added a neutral litter tray and water and a tray with hay and a sprinkle of pellets.
bandit seemed to be pushed aside and previous washes replaced by nipping him..chasing him etc...all 3 did it at one point then all 3 snuggled him too.
bertie and willow were like theyd always been together!! after over 8 hours and lots of water sprays i had to pin willow down with the broom..bif kept nipping her etc and so she retaliated and cos she did and bertie didnt attack willow for touching bif..it turned out full on fight..took me 3 or 4 tries to seperate them but i couldnt see injuries on bif and she was cuddled up to me fur everywhere. when a few minutes later she hadnt moved behind berties bum i got her out and me and nikki checked her out..we could only find two wounds but i guess theres a hidden one in there to. one was loss of fur pink skin..the other was the same except the skin was bleeding a bit or looked raw. so bathed it..put on some dermasol like i had to before on vets advice and we parted them all....bandits back in his cage and finally asleep. willows back in her dog crate ..bif n bertie running loose in the lounge as usual.
its the litter trys i swear.it always hapens...aarghhhh
i was 8 hours in with them..gave up at about 20past midnite:shock: the idea was for me to sleep on the landing in the doorway all night watching them!
bandits stresed after bifs injuries..bifs hurt and mad at willow and stressed herself...willow and berie were like an old married couple but i had to split them up for bifs sake and bandits.
i want to try a half hour to one hour daily in the pen with no litter tray etc...until they are a lot calmer with eachother..rather than the enforced approach...am i wrong?
Also if bifs wounded then i will obviously let her heal first and she cant go out there on the dusty concrete with open wounds anyway..will this mean bonding disaster?
am i wasting their time and mine...their house buns..is that worse do you reckon?

oh disaster.....please help!!

Dermagel is very good for encourging hair and skin growth and is completely natural it even work on rex rabbits sore hocks!!!!!! try that i highly recomend it and wots even better is that the hair grows back the same colour not white!!!!!!!

Back