• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*shocked* E numbers in rabbit food!!

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
im tryin to find the perfect pellet for my two bunnies (when i have two of course) my little gal is on allen and page currently in the rescue but its gonna be hard for me to get hold of and Alvin is on excel really easy to get.... id rather get Alvin off the excel as im told its really high in sugar... browsing the net i found this one.... im really shocked its against all the research ive done!!!!

http://www.best-pets.co.uk/rabbit/food-complementary.html

yup im going to get them both on that... i think my vets may sell it too.... im going to get them both on the Allen and page stuff first ill buy a bag from the rescue then ill gradually get them both on the science selective as it seems to be the most recommended about.... luckily for me Alvin has the stomach of an ox as he changed from the museli rubbish he had as a baby to excel with no trouble at all.....its the rescue bun i need to worry about really...

im just so amazed they put e numbers in rabbit food... ive spent the last year avoiding them for me... why would i put them in my bun?? its crazy!!

Unfortunately mixes are reknown for being high in food colourants. Some guinea pigs fed on food colourants are known to have urinary problems whilst they are on food with food colourants and this will subside when they are no longer fed the colourants.

Reading Guinea Pig rescue has been involved in the research surrounging this with their vet.

im surprised you are surprised if you know what i mean!:? :roll: :lol: dog and cat foods have some evil stuff in too. especially bakers.:evil:
everything seems to have an extraordinary amount of additives in these days. i find it very worrying and also a little bit sad for the teens and twenty somethings of today who may eat very little 'real' food ,as during their lifetimes, diet has deteriorated so much and a lot dont realise it. we do try as much as possible to buy 'raw' materials and home cook food but it is sadly an expensive way to eat. quite sad if you ask me. and yes i have had microwave curries and they are very nice! lol
im going off on one now but generally i think people should consider what their pets are eating aswell as their own diet.

im surprised you are surprised if you know what i mean!:? :roll: :lol: dog and cat foods have some evil stuff in too. especially bakers.:evil:
everything seems to have an extraordinary amount of additives in these days. i find it very worrying and also a little bit sad for the teens and twenty somethings of today who may eat very little 'real' food ,as during their lifetimes, diet has deteriorated so much and a lot dont realise it. we do try as much as possible to buy 'raw' materials and home cook food but it is sadly an expensive way to eat. quite sad if you ask me. and yes i have had microwave curries and they are very nice! lol
im going off on one now but generally i think people should consider what their pets are eating aswell as their own diet.

im surprised im surprised too :(

Back