• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milly & Molly's Lazy Day in the sun - Changing Fur + Sticking out hip bones

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
The girls went out for 6 hours today in their run. It was a beautiful day and the sun was shining, so they decided to laze around for most of the day. Here are pictures of them:

Molly's washing and Milly is curious of the camera:
i3wfg3.jpg

Milly says hello through bars:
2zzq9hk.jpg

Jumping from the house:
15s3dc8.jpg

Milly lying against the bars in the sun:
14o3imr.jpg

Getting better with confidence:
2ymyw0l.jpg

Even better:
2gxie6s.jpg

Molly Chicken, as I call her, cos of her tucked-in front legs:
2w1vaqg.jpg

Molly washing her ear:
ka5rvp.jpg

As you can see, there are more pictures of Milly than Molly, because Molly decided to be the lazy one and rest on the house, while Milly came and said hello. Milly's coat has brown base hairs and on these hairs, there are tiny black tips on them, making them look dark brown. Does anyone know what colour she'll eventually be?

First change, really light brown, with no black tips but dark brown starting to show:
afbuxd.jpg

Second change, see the changing colour from front to back, almost red colour at front:
2dvjr05.jpg

Today, dark brown hairs all over. Her ears and eye rings are still light brown, but her spots are now changing from light brown to dark:
vr6e4m.jpg

And a picture of Molly's thin coat when we got her, and the white patches from pulled out fur from her brothers and sisters:
2hf5jyd.jpg

And a puffer look with a winter coat coming through:
20a6wzp.jpg

And I think they have both gained weight since we got them, they were quite slim when we got them.

I can feel their hip bones beneth all that fur and I was wondering if it's a problem. I can't feel their ribs.

Back