• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my trip to the rescue centre.....

nina81

Alpha Buck
hello again, i only joined today, thanks for the warm welcome..... first off here's a pic of resident bunny girl winnie:
DSC00614-1.jpg

so, i said earlier i wanted to find a husbun for winnie and i went off to my local rescue centre......... well first off i could have brought them all home! but i was looking obviously for a boy, they vaccinate and neuter them all there so that wasn't a worry, however there were only two boys available but they were a pair (brothers) and they were giants so not suitable at all, so i was getting ready to leave when the lady tells me that they have one boy who isn't ready to leave yet as he's been poorly but he should be ready in a couple of weeks, would i like to take a look? of course i would!!
apparantly he had been treated rather poorly and then simply shoved out a back lane and left, when they picked him up he was a bit shabby looking but she assured me he was looking better and had just finished his antibiotics, however the lady is gonna foster him for a week to check his progress and then get him to vets, who, if all goes well will give him his shots and neuter him.......so they take me to the store room? well they have that many bunnies (girls) they are running out of room! so i open the door and this bunny just freezes, he was so timid bless him, obviously down to his past treatment......well he's a lion head yippee! he has lop ears.....he's black but with a salt effect grey running through his back and grey streaks in his main......i loved him straight away and he gave in and had a cuddle which was nice, the woman said he is timid but friendly, he doesn't bite and only threw one thumping strop when the guys picked him off the street which i suppose is to be expected! so naturally i reserved him, its gonna be a few weeks until he's allowed to be taken and hopefully all will go well for him in the mean time, plus i have to go through the home visit stuff etc etc
Anyhow in the mean time i can get winnie's room prepared to house a second temporary cage blah de blah and look forward to their first introduction!! yippee!! i feel great about the fact that he's a rescue rabbit, if i had the room i would definitly foster but i think a cat a rat and soon to be 2 rabbits is enough for now! although i'm sure i could fit a fish tank somewhere lol.
anyhow there's my update folks, once again thanks for the warm welcome this site is fab for everything bunny!!

Back