• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone heard of this rescue? (a bit odd)

I think it's just a breeder who rescues as well 'most of the rabbits are rescues' ie - some of them aren't?

I like the bit about the bunny with entropia (sp) being on a waiting list for surgery.....that is such a painful thing to have to live with and can be sorted so quickly with an op :(

It does look a bit strange. Hand over £10 and come away with a care sheet and rabbit!

No mention of neutering or vaccinations.

Those poor piggies look like their being squeezed and why are they being photgraphed on the kitchen table instead of in their runs? :?

There are alot more rescues out there than is listed on RR. I did some phoning around a fair while back for Tamsin and some rescues had low donation fee's but I understood this when they explained that in their area they could buy one from a petshop for £5 so if they asked for donations that many rescues ask for then most people would just go and buy the bun from a petshop, so I can understand why some rescue's have low donation fee's, it all depends on the area with regards how much you can buy a bun for.

Many rescue's cannot afford to vaccinate and neuter as their priority in many cases has to be vet bills.

I wouldn't be too quick to assume that it is a breeder just yet. Perhaps a better idea would be to contact the rescue and direct them to RR or pet rescue to help them rehome their buns:D Its not a bad thing advertising a rescue on the free ads as it shows others looking for a rabbit that there are rabbit rescues out there, not everyone has stumbled on the websites like RR or other rescue sites;)

I was going along with it all untell I saw the bit about the waiting list for surgery.

I said above that I advertised on the free-ads ;)

It's not far from me. I'm not an expert on rescues so wouldn't have thought much of it other than it is worded 'price' rather than 'adoption fee'.

hummmmmm

i think the fact that the advertising banner across the top and the website links all being advertisments for some other business or web search tool say's it a home made site and i don't see any registered marks or registered charity marks.......the bunnies look sweet enough but i am slightly dubious they are rescued????
maybe i'm being judgemental lol

Quite a few of the rescues on here.....myself included, are not registered charities.

To be a charity you need comittee's and things in place which we are just not large enough to do.

She isn't that far away from me but I have never heard of them. I suppose I could get in touch and offer her my vets phone number for the op. It isn't a really affluaent area but I also get alot of calls from around that area of people wanting to put their rabbits into rescue.

i think it probably IS a 'rescue' of sorts- lets face it rescuing rabbits and 'selling' them for that price is hardly going to line your pockets is it? i just think that it will be someone who wants to help needy rabbits and gpigs in their area but does not have the financial clout to pay for vaccinations or neutering. or indeed it may just be that they have not presented the site very professionally and they are doing much more than it appears.
IMO i would say that although the situation does not appear ideal, they may have saved countless bunny lives by offering them temporary care until a family comes along.
i agree that it could be a better situation and may even be worse than it seems (as you say buns are not shown in actual living conditions etc) BUT as always i like to be the voice of reason- id say go easy on judgement until guilt is proven.;)

Back