• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rspca

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
My son came home earlier and said he saw a wild rabbit by the side of the road that wasn't well he sent me a picture of it on his phone and it clearly looks like MIXI. I took a wild rabbit up to my local wood green animal shelter about 5 years ago with the same thing they said it was best next time not to touch it. My question is would the RSPCA come out to it? I am surrounded by wild rabbits where I live and I know I cant save them all, but I hate the thought of it suffering. What do you think?
Sallyx

I have heard of people taking them to the vets to be pts humanely. I suspect wild rabbits have an extremely small chance of surviving and by removing them from the wild I suppose it can reduce the risk of it spreading even more.

You could always call up your vet to see if they would help. Not sure that the RSPCA would come out, maybe someone else would know? Anyone?

The RSPCA probably wouldn't go out to collect it, but if you took it to a vet they would PTS for you, save the poor thing dying in agony.

we found a tiny baby vole one year, charming chap at the rspca told me to hit it on the head, cos it wouldnt survive, thank goodness for our local shelter,gave me loads of advice

have just sent my son back to see if it's still there and he said it is gone. Poor little thing, I hate seeing any animal suffer:cry:
Sallyx

Back