• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fur Pulling

sparklefairy

Wise Old Thumper
A week or so ago I noticed that Storm has a thin spot of fur on his back, I couldn't find any evidence of mites so I thought he was having a bad moult ( he looses lots of fur all the time, he's such a fluff monster! )

I've now just noticed that it is Gypsy who is pulling out his fur and eating it :shock: I have no idea if it's just her being a little madam and showing Storm who's boss, or if she is a bit over enthusiastic about grooming him or if she is just loosing the plot :?

Any ideas why she is doing this? I'm obviously a bit worried about her eating too much fur and having a bad tummy or blockage from doing this.

Do they get plenty of fresh hay twice a day, and does she actually eat it? Usually this is neurotic behaviour related to boredom, and hay is a great boredom buster for bunnies :)

Yep, they have loads of hay, their own room and toys and bits and peices to destroy, maybe I just have a strange bunny :?

Last winter I noticed that Sophie had a bald patch on the back of her neck, the vet said it was probably Rubix pulling it out. I don't know why he did though, it just suddenly stopped so maybe it's a phase Gypsy's going through :?

Back