• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bella and Tarquin have had a fight U/D :-(

Becca6

Mama Doe
I'm shaking like a leaf and really shaken up.

Bella went back in her cage and T came out. I'm lying on the bed watching Taggart and could hear lots of scuffling. Went through and they're rolling round and round and there's fur flying everywhere. Didn't think what I was doing and just reached and grabbed T. I don't think they were locked on as I didn't have to prize them apart.

Have checked T and can't find any bite marks. Will try and check Bell in a bit but she's not easy to handle. She rushed off after I picked him up. Can't see anything and she's moving ok. I think the fur was T's. He's now on the bed with me and seems a bit shaken, and she's back in her cage.

I feel terrible - I shut the front of Bell's cage when she went back in but forgot to close the top and once she'd finished her veg out she hopped and that was it.

I'm hoping neither will be too stressed - I certainly am.

Guess that answers for once and for all whether they'll ever live together.

Rebec

Last edited:
I know this isnt the aim of the post but im :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at u watching taggart!

Oh got over it now. Anyway i hope they will both be ok

I've had that happen before. At our old house Moonshine got into Dudley and Smudge's room and fur went flying.

Glad their both ok, and you too. It's horrible seeing bunnies fight.

Nicola

Oooo blimey where they in the bunny room at the time :shock: :shock: ?

When I got to them they were just rolling out of the bunny room onto the landing.

Blimey you who bond bunnies must have nerves of steel - it was horrid.

Just been to check Bell - she seems fine - threw a few pellets in and she went crazy for them - as normal.

T has come to me for a love and is now sprawled out so it's just me that needs to calm down. My stomach is churning.

Was just about to find out who'd done it too.

Rebec

Well its no surpirse they went for each other really.....they both think its their room :rolleyes:

Glad everyone is Ok :D

They seem ok - not sure about me!

I think T was sitting in one of their hay boxes which is right next to Bell's cage. She must have practically landed on top of him.

They must have rolled through their hay box on the landing as there is hay everywhere.

He's now munching his hay.

Rebec

Oooh what a shock - I did this once with Maa and Benny when I swapped them round on the patio wearing sunglasses :roll: I could have sworn Maa was in her hutch - let Benny out and turned around to see them introducing themselves on the patio :shock: :shock: :shock: All nice at first as Benny suprisingly was submissive (he was boss bunny with his brother) - but then he discovered her missing eye, and chewed the fur (confused I guess) she got annoyed and went for his boy bits :shock: and it all got a bit nasty - luckily by then I'd reappeared from the house with a plastic washing basket, which went over Maa whilst Benny ran for his hutch in terror :rolleyes:

Never again :D

I've just about recovered from last night. I wish the same could be said for Bell and T. Physically they're fine.

From living peacefully side by side all this time, this morning Bell has been trying to get at T - but only when she's out of her cage. Lots of scuffling through the bars, and she's been climbing on top of his cage in the hope she can get in. When he's out he's been more interested in exploring. I think because she got out and found him, she thinks she can again. No bother when they're both in their cages.

Hope they settle back down soon.

Rebec

Last edited:
Oh I hope they're ok.

It is quite scary and upsetting when they fight. Gizmo and Billy had a few before they were neutered. One fight they were practically locked together in mid air- it was like something out the matrix:lol: I can laugh now but at the time I was more traumatised than they were!!!!

Back