• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any success stories : Bonding 2 Bucks,.

Buggie Jay

Young Bun
I am and have been for about a year gradually bringing two bucks together as play mates.

Both my bucks live together , well cages are side by side, and they can touch each other through the bars.

The Netherland Dwarf will groom the Dwarf Lop through his bars... though now and again the lop will lunge and growl ... but this I think is a "groom me now" order i think.

I have tried in the past to bond in a none territory room like the kitchen ... where they look worried for bit and ignore each other. But then the small dwarf will then start jumping on Monty.... and furr flies.

I used a bottle of water to spray them if it went to far, but after doing this routine a few times they still dont really get on when they are both out.

They don't mark each others territory anymore since i placed both cages together... and like i said the N.D will groom the lop so there is some sort of pecking order established.

You think there will be a day when I can have them both out playing at the same time without furr flying ?

I am and have been for about a year gradually bringing two bucks together as play mates.

Both my bucks live together , well cages are side by side, and they can touch each other through the bars.

The Netherland Dwarf will groom the Dwarf Lop through his bars... though now and again the lop will lunge and growl ... but this I think is a "groom me now" order i think.

I have tried in the past to bond in a none territory room like the kitchen ... where they look worried for bit and ignore each other. But then the small dwarf will then start jumping on Monty.... and furr flies.

I used a bottle of water to spray them if it went to far, but after doing this routine a few times they still dont really get on when they are both out.

They don't mark each others territory anymore since i placed both cages together... and like i said the N.D will groom the lop so there is some sort of pecking order established.

You think there will be a day when I can have them both out playing at the same time without furr flying ?

I assume they are both neutered?

I have two bonded pairs of neutered bucks. The first pair are 5 and have lived together since they were 5 months. The second pair are 8 months and were separated for a month after their ops but were rebonded :D I dont find bucks that hard to bond. Just the normal rules apply, neutral territory and both neutered :D Hope this helps :)

Yep I had two neautured bucks living together and 120% devoted to each other. Never seen a bond like it since :wave:

If in doubt pack off to a rescue like I did:lol: :lol: These are my two be it an old picture and as Jill has said they are not related but you might be able to see that:lol: :lol:

sept2006191.jpg

Once pecking order has been established they can get on fine, we've got 6 together (with other does) and once they had established who was boss we don't really get any fights

Belated welcome to RU Buggie Jay :wave:
Hope your bond goes well, and your boys find happiness together. Glad you posted this, cos I'm in a very long thinking pattern (it may be months!) about getting my Bertie a buddy, and I'd really prefer another Buck, but everyone says it's impossible, so I'm encouraged to read these responses, and what gorgeous pics Denny :love:

thanks for the lovely comments, I am proud of them both I must say:lol: :lol: Its nice to finally get my pictures back after my last laptop broke, just got to get a new camera for this laptop now:lol: :lol:

quite a few on here have bonded boys, many of which have found boy bondings easier in some cases just as many have found 2 girl bondings or girl boy bonding easy so I think it is an equal ratio really but it really does depend on the buns temperament and personality at the end of the day;)

Good luck, hope it all works out well:D

I have two bonded bucks.....but.....they live as part of a love triangle with a doe too.

15-03-07_1528.jpg

Marley the Dutch and Fiver the Minilop....learning to share :D

Back