• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding four--again

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Hi everyone i posted before about wanting to bond my current pair with my two singles. well yesterday i put peanut butter and jelly together, jelly is unspayed but will be next wednesday, Peanut is neutured. they were very happy together instantly and she even groomed him. So i know when she is spayed they will deffo live happily ever after!

Domino and Pebbles bonded within thrirty minuted and are like teenagers in love! He adores her. However, when they are in their run, and he see's peanut OR jelly running about the garden, he chases pebbles.

I dont understand because those two have been bonded since they met, so now im worried that if i bond four domino wont like pebbles anymore? why is he chasing her?

P.S the reason i want them as a four is so i can buy a lovely shed for themt o live in, i dont have the room or the cash for two sheds! xx

The same thing happened with my buns. I had Henry who got on really well with my 2 does Garnet and Clover but henry lived on his own so i got him a mate Jasmine. Now when he is with jasmine and he sees the 2 other girls running around the garden he chases jasmine all around the hutch and tries to keep her in bed.

I think its because now that he has jasmine, he doesnt want anyone else to have her and has recently become aggressive towards the other does. Maybe Domino is chasing pebbles because he doesnt want the other two to get her.

I think its just a dominance issue but u wont know unless you try.

I think its called referred aggression. He sees other bunnies in what he thinks of as his territory, he can't get to them, so he takes it out on Pebbles. I'm not sure what would happen if you put all four together :? Personally I wouldn't risk it incase you had to split them up and it ruined the original bonds, but then I wouldn't want more than a trio anyway :oops:
Glad Peanut and Jelly got on so well :) Have you left them together or are you going to bond them after she is spayed?

Last edited:
well because they dont fight (im so sure jelly knows he is the father to her babies) im letting them play together in the garden and stuff but she is still being spayed bcus she is very moody lol!

but she adores peanut! she grooms him all the time!

well because they dont fight (im so sure jelly knows he is the father to her babies) im letting them play together in the garden and stuff but she is still being spayed bcus she is very moody lol!

Aw thats so sweet that they get on so well straight away :D You seem to be very lucky with your bonding! Always love at first sight :lol:

lol i know!!!!!!

i thought until she was spayed there would be no chance...and after then it would take a while. but jelly suprised me!

well as it's less than 5 weeks since PBs neuter, Jelly will likely be pregnant again now so don't leave the spay for too long or it will be more of a sad abortion, and she will also be more delicate as the blood supply will have increased.

she isnt pregnant i can assure you. he didnt mount her, when i put them together i sat rigth next to them and wasnt going to let him just incase he is still fertile. But he didnt, she mounted him twice and then they got in my dogs basket together and stayed there. I wouldnt have let him mount her, just incase.

plus....i know im going to get slated 4 this but it would be nice if you or anyone else did ask if he did b4 assumign she is pregnant. i know i masde a mistake before but i dont think that gives anyone the right to jumpt o conclusions on my behalf.

Last edited:
she isnt pregnant i can assure you. he didnt mount her, when i put them together i sat rigth next to them and wasnt going to let him just incase he is still fertile. But he didnt, she mounted him twice and then they got in my dogs basket together and stayed there. I wouldnt have let him mount her, just incase.

plus....i know im going to get slated 4 this but it would be nice if you or anyone else did ask if he did b4 assumign she is pregnant. i know i masde a mistake before but i dont think that gives anyone the right to jumpt o conclusions on my behalf.

I totally agree with you,as long as you supervised its ok:D

thanks. i doubt he is fertile anymore but i watched them just incase. but because jelly was bossing him around, she mounted him!lol!

well it was the phrase 'I'm letting them play together in the garden and stuff' that made me imagine it might be quite possible for him to mount her before you had time to seperate them. It just is better for Jelly to get spayed un-pregnant as the increased blood supply could make it a more delicate operation. I mean they will have years together hopefully, so what's a few more weeks? You should know after being on this forum so long that they are still fertile for up to 8 weeks after neutering, so it seems a bit foolish and impatient to risk yet another pregnancy when you still haven't homed the last litter.

i have already said that he didnt mount her so unless youre expecting an imaculate conception that trust me there will not be any more babies. i had me and my mum in the room with me just incase and the room was very small so they couldnt run off, they just sat together happily.

garden = small room? :shock: I must get some furniture for my garden and vacuum the grass then :roll:

ok i think theres been a miosunderstanind. if you check this thread

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=105481

they are CLEARLY indoors. i let them i the garden together with their runs next to each other. they didnt run freely in the garden.

however.....even though there was a misunderstanding, i dont thinkt here was ANY need to be sarcastic and rude. you could have just said 'oh i thought they were in the garden?' not made insulting sarcastic remarks. its totally unnessacery. please do not be rude on ym posts again, if you dont like what i say, dont read them.

I had to wait 8 weeks after bobby was done but still seen if they would be ok together while i was there.
Why should you be carefull or what you say,you know what your doing and know what you cant do,as far as im concerned if you want advice you would ask for it not people telling you that she will be pregnant and you should not of done it.

well as it's less than 5 weeks since PBs neuter, Jelly will likely be pregnant again now so don't leave the spay for too long or it will be more of a sad abortion, and she will also be more delicate as the blood supply will have increased.

I don't think it's likely, it's a small possibility. Some rescues only wait 2 weeks after neutering before introducing an unspayed female to a recently neutered male.

BTW, who told you 8 weeks? I've said it before, but I've never heard anyone else say that long- 6 weeks seems to be the general consensus :?

Sarah, it's probably best to wait until all 4 are neutered and then try them again a few weeks later when they're hormones have died down.

i love this forum but i hate the way people are rude ans sarcastic. it would have been polite to ask, etc not made horrid comments.

i love this forum but i hate the way people are rude ans sarcastic. it would have been polite to ask, etc not made horrid comments.

If you have concerns re a post, please do not discuss it in the open forum.
Contact admin so we can deal with it.
Many thanks.

Well returning to your original question, Petey and Jessie are a bonded pair and totally loved up Jessie relies on Pete so much but thats because she only has sight in 1 eye, but if Twinkle or Emily are running around then Jessie nips peteys bottom to keep him away from them and mounts him...........think shes worried he might get a roving eye:lol: :lol: :lol:

hahaha! i just realised you dont have s ignature piccie thing, if you want one i can make one with all your bunnies including little benji?

p.s has his ear gone back 2 normal?!x

Back