• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why does male neutered rabbit still likes to bang?

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
I notice my female bunny doesn't has any sex drive after being spayed. So shouldn't the same thing happens to male bunny? My male bunny has been neutered but he still bang the female bunny daily.

by bang do you mean hump? if so it's a dominence thing. I have a pair of spayed doe's and Moonshine always humps Flopsy to let her know who's boss

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well I suppose a neutered human male would still wanna bang just no babies would come of it :thumb:

You 2 are begging for a hard spanking. I'll send the 2 of you to Sam, she just said in that other thread she has a riding crop waiting:lol:

===================

So the male humping is not a hormone driven act? Because I saw his penis sticking out.

So does a female spay bunny do the dominating act as well?

I have two bucks, and not once have I ever seen a single hump/bang/rock or a jiggy with it in the three years I have had them....

;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well I suppose a neutered human male would still wanna bang just no babies would come of it :thumb:

The neuter humans differently, apparently they get upset if they lop their plums off ;) So human males still have hormones, bunny males don't.

Tam

If he was only recently neutered he will still have active sperm and be hormonal for 8wks after neutering, and hormonal for a few months after that too - so I would guess he's still thinking he can make babies :roll: Just be careful that he doesn't pester the female so much that she gets annoyed and turns on him to fight him off - it can happen.

The neuter humans differently, apparently they get upset if they lop their plums off ;) So human males still have hormones, bunny males don't.

Tam

OMG so you are still speaking to me then!!!!!!!!!! I have pm'd you without a reply many times, do you like my signature? :D

Sorry Jason :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If he was only recently neutered he will still have active sperm and be hormonal for 8wks after neutering, and hormonal for a few months after that too - so I would guess he's still thinking he can make babies :roll: Just be careful that he doesn't pester the female so much that she gets annoyed and turns on him to fight him off - it can happen.

And what happens after that? Would he still bang daily?

I doubt it very much - I had a pair of neutered, 18 month old brothers live together and they only humped each other on a spring like morning - and only the dominant bunny was allowed to hump too, so if the submissive bunny tried it he got a good telling off from his brother.

My girls in the shed are not spayed and they hump each other when the weather is spring like too - must be something in the air! It's mainly with them a dominance thing, as there's 4 they have more dominance issues to sort out. However now they are nearly 3 years old, they are a lot less hormonal just due to age, so seem a lot more calm.

well Eddie bun has been nuteured for over 3 years now and still bangs for Britain at least 4 - 6 times a day:lol: :lol: its a wonder he isn't a lowry bun with all the calories he must loose:lol: :lol:

well Eddie bun has been nuteured for over 3 years now and still bangs for Britain at least 4 - 6 times a day:lol: :lol: its a wonder he isn't a lowry bun with all the calories he must loose:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back