• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I dont think my rabbit loves me anymore

susiemae

Mama Doe
:cry: :cry:

I probably shouldnt take it so personally but we normally have our rabbits in the house for a couple of hours in the evening for fusses etc. Gizmo is more than happy to come in as he likes the attention and Billy is normally ok once he's in but just recently he's being aggressive (more than usual) if he knows Im going to take him in. They come into the shed where they sleep to have their dinner and I usually bring them in after that. Now Billys stared hiding from me and he bit my arm the other day when I tried to get him out from under the hutch. Today I blocked it off under the hutch in the hope he would let me pick him up but he just went in his bed stomping his feet and kept running away and hiding if I went near him. I dont want to force him to do something he doesnt want to but Im a bit upset as Im worried the less time he spends with us, the less he will want to be around us in the long run. Should I just let him be? :(

How old are they and are they neutered? Have you been wearing different perfume or something recently so he might not recognise you?

They're 18 months old and are neutered. Billy has always been the grumpy one. Im just worried the less time he spends with us, the less friendly he will be and it will be a vicious circle.:(

Oh and no new perfume

Back