• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Scar tissue on neck?

Aliandbuns

Mama Doe
I just noticed that Molly has a couple of lumpy areas on the back of her neck. It looks like she has white scar tissue in a couple of places but I have never noticed any cuts or lumps before so I have no idea how she would have got these. They are both about 3 mm in diameter.

She is fine in herself and I had a good look at the lumps and she didn't seem to be bothered by me poking around, which suggests they're not painful to her.

She is fine in herself, eating well and running about.

Any ideas what these lumps might be (she hasn't had any recent injections).

Thanks

Has she had any long courses of injections in the past?

Charlie has lots of lumps and bald scared bits from when he had EC several months ago. They didn't appear until a while after he'd been having the injections and the vet said they could take months to go.

The lumps may never go - he has them from previous issues like when we used to have to 'fill him up' with saline to flush his kidneys out as he has calcium problems. This was 6 years ago but the lumps are still there.

The injection site wounds are slowly going, he had 4, one is now covered in fur, one is starting to darken so fur will be showing soon and the other two are still dry flakey bald patches. The vet said it could take many many months.

Last edited:
our first housebun had these..the vet said it was where she was saaged by either her mum or her siblings...:(
bites..vaccine/injection scars maybe? i know our ld kidney cat got these from all the injections of antibiotics and kidney boosters.

Back