• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ernie's humping Eric!

clairen

Warren Scout
Hi,

I've had my 2 buns (brothers, 6 months) from the rescue for a month now. This morning Ernie was binkying around but then suddenly pinned poor Eric into a corner and tried to hump him (however he wasn't aiming at the correct place, it seemed more like a domination thing ;) ). I presume this is an assertion thing rather than Ernie being 'gay'? :lol: Both are neutered and they get on so well, always lying together and grooming each other, never fought. The rest of today they have been fine, their usual selves.

Is it something to worry about / keep an eye on?? Will it lead to fighting? Should I enrol Eric in self-defence classes or at least give them a discussion about safe sex? :lol: :lol:

Claire x

When i first got my two boys from the rescue at 6 months old they humped each other all the time:shock:
It stopped though after a couple of week.Thank Goodness:lol: :lol:

awwwww, dont worry!.

My boys happily humped away with each other and they are brothers!!!!!

Like Becca said, they will stop.

:lol:

my girls used to do it. they are sisters. they used too do it if the run was on a different bit but now its in the same place so they don't need to x

if your anything like me youll fret uyntil they snuggle. xxx lol

:wave: yes, you're right, I'm always worrying about them. Luckily they are always snuggling and seem to really love each other (perhaps a little too much, :lol: ). Today is the first time i've observed any obvious dominant behaviour and it shocked me :oops:

it is completely natural. its like marking thier territory and showing the other whos boss. i have sisters Lilly and Marsha moo and they are now fantastic. they are grooming eachother as we speak...
only cus i groomerd them earlier x

Back