• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My 'honeypig' Fosters u/d resized piccies woohoo !!!

baileydonut

Alpha Buck
hi all, i thought you might like to see some updated piccies of my honeypig fosters. Heres estelle and tiny. i picked them up a few weeks ago with two buns which estelle has after their owner left and her hubby was not feeding them etc. they have both put on weight - estelle more than tiny, but they are finally realising that i WILL feed and water them on a regular basis. they are both adorable and love their cuddles. They have both been bathed and their fur has got a wonderful sheen on it. They are 2 years and 2.5 years approx. They are not scared and are in the office with me. Neither of them move when I do, although the other piggies do.
Catalina4.jpg
Catalina5.jpg
Heres sean and dermot, they are currently living together. They have both steadily put on weight and now weigh in at 1 kg and 800g. Again, both love a cuddle when you have them, but are a little skittish when in their cage. They know the noise of the hay bag and go bonkers for it. They are literally trying to climb out of their cage door.
Catalina13.jpg
Catalina9.jpg
and finally heres catalina and her daughter Merlot. They are far more skittish than the others, but I am putting that down to catalina being over protective, She is a fab mom and has taught Merlot to eat her veg and hay and drink from the water bottle. They also have a sort of 'bubble' language that they use between them. It has been a joy to watch them together and see Merlot learn. I have been fascinated watching Merlot develop. Her first hay (which she likes to sit undearneath), her first drink from the water bottle - truly amazing.
Catalina1.jpg

Last edited:
They're gorgeous :love:

You can resize them on Photobucket, when you click Edit it'll give you an option to resize, rotate etc.

Thanks, have resized them. Feel a bit thick now that I didn't realise how to do it :oops: Hi Ozzy :wave: you are looking very handsome.

He is with his favourite girlie Louise! He is a bit grumpy lately because it is too wet for him to go on the grass so he has only had playtime inside lately :)

Hi, I know what you mean about it being too wet. Mine haven't been out at all this week. They managed the odd hour or so last week in the afternoon. Theres one part of the grass that gets the sun all day and I had to squeeze all the runs on that bit so they could have a nibble. Catalina loves grass - she is like a lawn mower :lol:

awww they are looking good! Glad my namesake is keeping well :lol:
Spottie and Crazy/Daisy are doing well too. I have to keep calling Crazy, Daisy because she is such a sweet gentle bunny and not at all crazy. Spottie is still very thin though, i can't believe how much her ribs still poke out. They are both eating well though :D

Awwww :D Isn't it cute when they sit under the hay - Some of mine toss it madly over their shoulders as they chaaaaaaaarge into the pile, to settle down munching underneath it all :lol:

And that 'bubble' language - so cute :D

Hi Estelle, glad to hear the buns are ok, albeit a little thin still. Tiny has gone from 790g to 900g and Estelle has gone from 780g to 1.1 kg. Estelle went mad the first couple of weeks and put on 200g in 2 weeks! Her weight has, thankfully, settled down now and she has only put on 20g in the last couple of weeks. It makes me wonder how long they had been without proper food and water for, the poor things. :(

Hi Estelle, glad to hear the buns are ok, albeit a little thin still. Tiny has gone from 790g to 900g and Estelle has gone from 780g to 1.1 kg. Estelle went mad the first couple of weeks and put on 200g in 2 weeks! Her weight has, thankfully, settled down now and she has only put on 20g in the last couple of weeks. It makes me wonder how long they had been without proper food and water for, the poor things. :(

must have been ages! Daisy is moulting now and all her black fur is turning white, she won't be a dutchie anymore at this rate :lol: :lol:

Awwww :D Isn't it cute when they sit under the hay - Some of mine toss it madly over their shoulders as they chaaaaaaaarge into the pile, to settle down munching underneath it all :lol:

And that 'bubble' language - so cute :D
I had never heard 'bubble' language before - its amazing.

ahhh.... lovely to see fellow honeypigs! :wave:
Is Merlot getting big? :D
She is getting really big Faye. Sometimes if I glance quickly I think she is Catalina, then realise my mistake. She is quite a lot darker than Catalina though. She has got big so quickly. Catalina makes me laugh when she needs 'me' time and she sits on top of the igloo. Merlot can't get up to her and she just sits there having 'time out', I can almost hear her counting 1-10 (something I do when having a bad day with the kids) How about your lot?

awww... :D
Helen and Hebe are back together now, and the 3 little girls are together... they are getting huge :D
my poor little Ravy is all on his own :( He's in the front room next to the sofa though, so gets load of human attention... although he's not best keen on me at the moment, cos I have to comb him at least once per day - his coat is long, curly and grows in all directions, so tangles very easily :roll:

I have a guinea pig that hates being combed. Mad Jeff has a long bit of fur by him bum and he squeaks so loudly - I am sure the neighbours must think I am doing something really really horrid to him!!!

I think an up-to-date piccie of Ravy is required Faye :)

Back