• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonfire night....

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
.... will I need to bring Jamie in for this night? With loud noises etc? I'm not certain atm if he will still be in a single bun at this point (I am currently enquiring in to a certain beauty who was on this forum not so long ago...), but I'm just wanting to prepare for the possibility of bringing him in.

Is this necessary?

ALSO, when is the latest advisable time to move a formally outdoor bunny, who has been in with illness, back outside? Or should I wait until it starts to get warm again?

Thanks,

Lou x

i think i may bring my 2 in on bonfire night itself. when the fireworks go off now they do not seem bothered to be honest but i think a whole night of it constantly may upset them a little

Mine don't seem to mind loud noises too much - have checked on them when fireworks have been going off nearby and they don't seem too concerned. They don't pay any attention to the lawnmower when it's right up to the hutch either! But it would depend on your rabbit's own level of noise fear. Some are probably worse with it than others.

My two were fine last year, although I'd bought a big dog crate just in case. As for the inddor/outdoor question...It's still mildish at the moment so I'd put Kitt out tomorrow morning and make sure he's got plenty of extra warm bedding in his hutch at night. Do you have a snugglesafe heat pad you can give him?

I'm a little worried as we are actually away on the Saturday evening until late so Charlie will be on his own. He is a house bun though so I think I might put the TV on in his bedroom!!! :shock: :D Hope I put on a channel he likes!!! :D

Going to bring ours in - they were terrified of the neighbours petrol chainsaw last week so I don't think they'd survive fireworks!

My bunnies and piggies are fine with fireworks,mind you we do get them nearly all year round here:rolleyes:
My poor dog though is petrified so will have to get something from the vets for her:cry:

I can't bring all mine in, but i basically make sure every is well covered i n the shed and put the radio's on very loud to make sure they can't hear anything , if i think its very noisy i go in there and sit with them to make sure they are totally ok. When i only had on bunny he used to come in a watch the fireworks from the back of the settee, he loved watching anything out of the window.

To Becca,

have you tried a DAP diffuser for your dog for fireworks night? You need to plug it in a least a week before the fireworks start. If you go down the drug route, avoid ACP!!!!

Mine were fine last year in the shed and they're now in a hutch/run outside but they're fine with electric saw, kids etc so hopefully they'll be ok. I'm going to lock them in their hutch for a few nights around Bonfire Night and I cover it with tarpauline anyway. Our village fireworks start on Friday with a large Bonfire at the pub, right through to the cubs firework party on Tuesday.

ALSO, when is the latest advisable time to move a formally outdoor bunny, who has been in with illness, back outside? Or should I wait until it starts to get warm again?
Lou x

Really depends on how long he has been inside for and whether he has started to grow his winter coat;)

Fireworks dont bother my two but I still bring them in for bonfire night due the intensity of the smoke fumes, I cannot breathe out there its that bad here so I dread to think how my buns find it:cry: Depends how smoggy your area is really I suppose:lol:

To Becca,

have you tried a DAP diffuser for your dog for fireworks night? You need to plug it in a least a week before the fireworks start. If you go down the drug route, avoid ACP!!!!
Yes this is what i use.Never tried drugs and don,t really want to.I think with the DAP though i maybe need a couple as i live in a three storey house and only plugged one in downstairs last year and she went upstairs:rolleyes:

Sorry to go off topic but where do you get DAP diffusers from, the dog we're currently looking after hates fireworks and there already threatening to start round here.

Our rabbits seem entirely unflapped by fireworks, we took them in last year to be safe on the actual bonfire night but they were fine on the other nights so i guess we'll see how they cope this year.

Back