• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do rabbits like music?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
daft question :D

i read in some rabbit book once that rabbits like the sound of human voices. Have you ever observed your rabbit showing any preference for music or other noises? Am intrigued!

Different buns have a preference for different music types. We've channel hopped through station before and you can see different buns responding differently to different types of music...

Claire

my rabbit thumper he was moving his ears to the beat and our lizard snider was movin up and down plus he wasdoin stuff to the beat.they were both doin that stuff at the same time one day when i turned on the music IT WAS HALARIOUS AND CUTE:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: i have never anything like it in my entire life.it was like they were dancen but they werent.:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

My bun hates music! No matter what kind, who it is, how loud I have it... she goes and hides whenever I turn it on! She doesn't mind the tv at all though...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

All our animals are pretty bombproof music wise as we are all musicians, I haven't really noticed any music preferences in any of the buns but we had a guinea pig years ago that used to sing when anything by Debussy was played...
Remus likes having the TV on, whereas the cats like watching sports he prefers a good debate. Questiontime is a favourite.

I bought a radio for my bunnies when I first got them, and left it on in the shed all day. They avoided the litter tray right next to the radio, so I took the radio out after a few weeks :)

Bertie really responds to music, either relaxing, binkying or hopping to the next room with his ears down! I guess as he's indoors, he hears a lot, but I'm not kidding when I say that he goes mental when Elvis is playing! We discovered this over the Elvis anniversary week-end not long ago, he started to Binky when the King was in song, and even if I play it on the piano, he throws himself around the floor and we have triple Bimkys, side hops and everything else. It's extraordinary! He completely mongs out to Kate Bush, and lays out in front of the speakers with his eyes closed, but then she does that to me too :lol:

Last edited:
When Polly and Sybil lived inside they seemed to like the radio on and sometimes we left it one for them when we were at work! There was some stuff they seemed to like and dislike more though... their favourate was jazz - they looked really relaxed and I've even seen Sybil manage to lift an ear!!! :lol: They don't like Bond themem music though, they would thump and run and hide! Sometimes I wonder if they miss their radio listening now they live outside...? :?

I was playing bunny noises that I found in the net the other night and Caramel was going mad looking for the bunny... never seen her respond to anything like that before. :?

Nunzeo hates Bedouin Soundclash, he stamps (which is very unusual for him) and runs and hides. Niether of my 2 seam to mind any other music though.

Hi! I have been doing lots of research on this topic and I am conducting my own study. If you put the same music on on loop then it will become familiar to them and then it will calm them down! Although, it has to be calm, slow, classical music on low volume. My rabbits like it and I think I may have found a link between the music and their energy levels. I'm still in the early days of the study though! :D

daft question :D

i read in some rabbit book once that rabbits like the sound of human voices. Have you ever observed your rabbit showing any preference for music or other noises? Am intrigued!
Not sure if it's a fluke but have found my 2 are more chilled if I leave music from YouTube playing when I leave the house.
It's just a random 8hr video I found labeled as Music for Rabbits.
Before they would tend to be all twitchy and jumpy when I come back but now they're usually just snoozing or chilling.

On the plus side it relaxes me as well when I forget it on [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Back