• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding bad or good idea?

sezzalee

Warren Scout
Hiya,

Ive been trying to unsucessfully persuade my boyfriend to let me get another bun to bond to our current male bun Becks, but as much as I have explained that you can bond buns and its ok to do, and even if Becks has been by himself for 6 months its ok to do, he has spoken to someone today who has 3 buns who told him that they all have to be kept seperate because they fight. I was wondering if anyone had any advice to explain this otherwise? I have told him that male and female should be bonded not males unless they are from the same littler and neutured and not two females unless they have been spayed etc.... Is this a right or ok thing to do?

Sorry to ramble!

Finding a mate of the opposite sex who is neutered is a workable option for your bun. Introducing 2 rabbits of the same sex is less reliable. Having 3 rabbits together particuarly 3 unneutered males is a little risky :shock:

You are right with your facts

3's not a crowd

I have 3 rabbits, a mother and 2 daughters. they were all in 1 cage together when I 'collected' them, ( but that's another story) so I'm not sure of their age ( mum maybe 2 and girls probably 1) They are really happy together, although they now have an 8 x 10 shed for shelter and are really completely 'free range'. I have never seen any aggression between them. Maybe I've just struck lucky ?

Back