• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question for Rescues/Sanctuaries: How/why did you start?

Bex

Warren Scout
I know obviously you all started because of the thousands of bunnies needing good, loving homes but what was it that really made you think 'yes, this is what I want to spend my time doing'?

Did you have already have a fair bit of land that looked empty without bunnies? A bit of money put away that was crying out to be put towards bunnies in need? Was there a rescuing incident that alerted you to the need? I hope it doesn't seem too nosey but this is your moment to discuss how you started.

I've decided to open this question up to not only rehoming rescues but those of you who can be classed as sanctuaries, where you have a large amount of bunnies that for one reason or another are un-rehome-able.

I'm really sorry if this has been discussed before but I believe this is a question that others will be interested to hear about.

I'm in awe of what you do so keep it up ! :D

Sadly one of my bunnies died, leaving me with just one bunnies, so I had a lot of extra equipment and 4 extra hutches that I didn't need anymore so I sought out my local rescue, Jane Dexter in Warwick, and took them to her, I went in and saw all the bunnies that need nursing, looking after, castrating and speying and offered to foster, that was the start of it, I have now taken in elderly bunnies that won't be rehomed, and I have others that will stay here forever because of their condition or age.

I didn;t plan it, it just 'happened' thanks to Jane Dexter, but I love what I do although it has cost me a fortune and I never get a day off, but when I look back at all those bunnies I have helped save, it's really worth it

I guess alot must get into through fostering. I would definately foster if I had a bit more space and money, but I know I would be a failure, I wouldn't want any of them to leave me!

Back