• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gasket and the rain!

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
Is it unusual for a rabbit to deliberately sit outside in the rain getting soaked when there is a perfectly nice, dry hutch for him to sit in instead and should I do something about it? I worry about Gasket's health and there is a cover on part of the run, as well as the hutch he can sit in but he still seems to delight in sitting in the most exposed part of the run getting soaked. :shock:

He is completely nuts!

ol all of mine hate water apart from peanut. he runs in it, binkies in it rolls in it!!! and when i had to bath him bcus we thought he had mites (he didnt in the end so it was a waste of time!) wen i was puring the water along his back he was closing his eyes so slowly he was loving it! some of them just love it!

Mr Pips hates the rain............even if he goes on the wet grass he shakes his paws in disgust. However when it snowed last year i couldnt keep him in. HE is an indoor bunny however has the run of the place and the garden, out thro the cat flap he went into the snow he LOVED it. Digging binkini rolling......was so funny to see - SO work that one out????:roll:

Barney likes the rain and starts having a good old bath in it, Wobbles was the same. I guess if Gasket felt cold he would go inside? Maybe just make sure he doesn't get too wet and that inside is dry and warm for when he does go in again?

Mine are totally unaffected by rain, and are only driven inside by hail or if the rain's really hammering down. Because of Floss's myxi I'm trying to avoid the possibility of her getting chilled, so when the rain started yesterday I put them back in their hutch. Bournville wasn't at all impressed and stared "re-arranging" the contents of the top floor of the hutch in a temper!

Many rabbits will sit out in the rain given the chance. In the wild they also have this option and can come and go as they please.

Our new foster bun was out in it yesterday my Mum tried to bribe him back in but he was loving it jumping more then 3 feet high in the rain :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess its Ok then. We normally lock them both away in their hutch from about 11 pm until about 7 am so he always had the chance to dry off. And there is always shelter in the hutch if he wants it during the day too.:roll:

Back