• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Warning especially people in South Yorks (GRAPHIC)

drboo

Mama Doe
Today at work, I was speaking to one of the Police Officers about our sponsor bunny. He then told me about his own bunny - apparently someone stole the bunny in his hutch a couple of weeks ago. This bunny was in a locked outhouse as well. The burglars also stole some tools etc.

GRAPHIC DETAIL BELOW

He then proceeded to tell me that another house in South Yorks had had 2 bunnies stolen, only their fate was horrifyingly evident as pieces were left behind :cry: :cry: :cry: Again, from a "secure" garden.

I just thought I should warn everyone to be especially bunny vigilant - sorry for the horrible tale. Some people are :evil:

That is exactly why I use padlocks (well that and foxes).

I have heard some awful stories about people bunnies being stolen and/or mutilated....like the little girl whose beheaded rabbits were left under her garden swing :censored: :censored:

That is horrible i really worry about my garden animals because of this. Luckily my piggies are in a shed with a large heavy padlock on the door, same goes for my homemade hutch so if someone tried to break in i'm sure my parents would hear seeing as there right outside there bedroom window. i worry about casper and poppy most there hucth isn't great (temp hutch) and it's not easy to amk secure cos you can't fit padlocks or anything on thankfully my DIY dad is going to fix thers up so he can make it secure.

It must be so hertbraking for anyone to wake up one morning to find your pets gone :cry:

One of the first ever posts I read on RR (not the forum, but the actual database) was from a woman whose rabbits had been stolen from their hutch in Sheffield :( My hutches have been padlocked ever since but it doesn't stop me worrying about it :(

I remember a few years back the RSPCA put a notice in the local paper warning of exactly this!

Also many years ago there was a spate of horse attacks! They weren't stolen but beaten up and cut etc... the mind boggles sometimes!

thanks for reminding me - I really must fit a padlock on my girls shed as the lock won't work now the door's swollen for some reason - the last tennants here had their mutilated bunny left for the kids to find in the morning too :( Which made me wary about getting rabbits but it was some years ago now - seems it's a south yorkshire tradition though - sick :censored: I do cover my hutches with rugs, fireguards, bricks etc, which would probably put off kids, but the gate has never been secured as I intended - I'll add it to my list :roll: I'm just glad the piggies are all indoors :?

:evil: :cry: :evil: :cry: :evil:

i was thinking about this the other day, how people leave their bunns outside with nothing more than a slide bolt to stop something getting in (me included) and expect them to be safe. You wouldn't leave your TV in the garden for someone to steal, so why something much more precious?

There are some sick :censored: around.

we alarmed our shed !!! as well as the window it works very well especially when i forget the alarms on and walk in!!!

Yep, my shed is alarmed too. Hubby sited the alarm box under our bedroom window so if that door gets opened in the night time i will be out of bed like a shot. Some people may think it is going to extremes but i personally do it for complete peace of mind. I couldn't bear the thought of having to live with the guilt if someone broke in and killed them just for the fun of it.

Mine are padlocked in on a night, we have the caravan on the drive so nobody can get round the back to the buns..

Back