• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

worried about paint fumes....

bunny_scabbit

Warren Scout
i painted our entrance hall today which is downstairs, but still tonight the smell of paint fumes is giving me a headache.

i'm worried about preston as he lives indoors and i'm concerned about how the fumes will affect him? if at all :?

i've got the windows open still and the air purifier going but it doesn't seem to be helping much. unless i've got the smell up my nose cos i did the painting?

do you think he will be ok? he seems fine in himself. i'm just worried....

A bowl of vinegar (I think white is best) can help absorb fumes.

Possibly a cut onion or a cut lemon.

Might be worth trying all. If it doesn't work at least the house will smell of something other than paint. :)

A bowl of vinegar (I think white is best) can help absorb fumes.

Possibly a cut onion or a cut lemon.

Might be worth trying all. If it doesn't work at least the house will smell of something other than paint. :)

after a mad dash down to the local shop i got some white vinegar to try. still got the windows open and the air purifier going and the vinegar is downstairs, i think it is actually helping, so ta for that tip :)

Back