• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed is best for my situation?

brightspark19

Warren Scout
Hi, as some of u may know, i lost one of my beloved buns about 3 weeks ago and his brother has been so sad and worried ever since. He constantly bangs his feet and grunts at me as well as biting me.

Ever since this tragedy i have been giving him lots of cuddles and attention although he has always been the reserved type of rabbit-not exactly homely.

Some of you suggested i take on a small female from a rescue to help him feel more settled again. He is only as big as a dwarf as he was the runt of the litter and is threatened by all my other buns. I have a Chocolate silver fox, Champagne D'argent, French lop, French lop x and a wild turned domestic bun all of which are bigger.

I am going to go to my local rspca at the weekend and look for a mate for him but apart from the dwarf etc does anyone have any advice about breeds suitable for my lonely bun? Also are there breeds which have a more laid back nature and not so dominant and little Dandy may be small but he likes to be boss.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Hi, as some of u may know, i lost one of my beloved buns about 3 weeks ago and his brother has been so sad and worried ever since. He constantly bangs his feet and grunts at me as well as biting me.

Ever since this tragedy i have been giving him lots of cuddles and attention although he has always been the reserved type of rabbit-not exactly homely.

Some of you suggested i take on a small female from a rescue to help him feel more settled again. He is only as big as a dwarf as he was the runt of the litter and is threatened by all my other buns. I have a Chocolate silver fox, Champagne D'argent, French lop, French lop x and a wild turned domestic bun all of which are bigger.

I am going to go to my local rspca at the weekend and look for a mate for him but apart from the dwarf etc does anyone have any advice about breeds suitable for my lonely bun? Also are there breeds which have a more laid back nature and not so dominant and little Dandy may be small but he likes to be boss.

Thanks for any suggestions!

minilops are quite laid back and smaller than a dwarf lop. Hope you find your ideal rabbit.:D
Sallyx

Maybe just see what they have? I volunteer at RSPCA at weekends and we have a right mixture of sizes and temperaments that aren't necessarily a 'breed' if you know what i mean.:D

My minilop is a grumpy, bossy, little git :shock:

I dont think that you can judge character by breed so I suggest you have a look around and ask to handle potentially suitable rabbits first.

A Dutch is another small breed you may want to consider.

Back