• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice for angora please?

Alpha

Warren Scout
JoJo the angroa who some of you may remember i fostered then adopted in the summer is now in good health with a nice beautiful coat.

What i want to know is when do i need to cut it - i have been advised that they need the coats cutting down evey 3 - 4months. But do i do it now coming into winter??? when do u guys cut urs i dont want her to be cold but i also dont want it to get out of control either. She is an indoor bunny altho she goes in the garden when its dry.

Any advice please welcome.

Many thnks
Abbie xx

She won't get cold if she's an indoor bunny - I prefer to keep all my alpaca guinea pigs short coated as it makes their life so much easier with eating poops and grooming themselves - they look very relieved to be rid of it when I cut it every 10 weeks or so :)

Fanks I will give her a good trim this weekend - I love her to bits bless her she is so adorable calm and gentle - IS the norm for angoras???????

Back