• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hugo myxi recovery U/D *pics*

Hugbut

Mama Doe
Hi everyone, it's been a while :wave:
Just thought i'd give a little update on Hugo incase anyone's interested in what's happened to him.I have good news & bad.The good news is, he's still alive:D the bad news is, he no longer has a nose :( let me elaborate...the triangular piece of skin that makes up a rabbits nose, has died and fallen off, leaving his nasal cavity partially exposed.It sounds gruesome, but i'm assured he is not in pain & he is still being dosed up with baytril to try & prevent infection.The vets have said they have never seen anything like it, i will post a pic when i find the cable for my camera.In himself he is totally fine, eating drinking etc. as normal, it doesn't seem to be bothering him in the slightest.I've been warned that if his nose doesn't grow scar tissue to protect the cavity, he may need an operation, but i hope it won't come to that.Anyway,thanks for all your help & support these last few weeks, i'll keep you posted :)

Last edited:
What a brave Bunny
I hope some nice thick scar tissue forms to protect his nasal cavity and that he wont need a 'nose job'

Janex

I am so glad he has survived this nasty thing. I agree with Jane - what a brave bunny. Fingers crossed that the scar tissue forms.

Awww hugs for brave bun! Bless him. What a fantastic rabbit to come through... I have a bun with myxi at mo so know how much worry you must have been through and how much discomfort poor bun must have been through too... Healing vibes for some scar tissue xxxxx

Lots of scar tissue vibes for Hugo..

Of all the vibes i have ever sent those have to be the strangest :? :lol:

awww poor little hunny.... im really glad hes not suffering and still enjoying his life..... what a little fighter youve got there :)

ditto nose vibes.....perhaps you should post a photo on general chat with a warning of the dangers of cocain...which I believe has a similar effect.

Scar tissue vibes for Hugo - gosh, it's not often we want good thick scar tissue for a bun. :) Go Hugo, grow a new nose, for mum

he pulled through, that's fab :thumb: It's so nice to hear the successes as well as the losses, and I hope his scar tissue forms quickly. Vies to Hugo :)

Thanks everyone, Hugo is deffinately fighter :D Here's a pic of his nose, sorry it's poor qaulity, it's a phone pic taken in bad light, i'll try to get a better one if i ever find my camera cable.This pic was taken the day after his nose came off (that sounds weird!) so it looks very red & sore, it's dried out now & is more of a pink colour :)

Thanks so much for all your scar tissue vibes everyone :D Here's a pic of his nose, sorry it's poor qaulity, it's a phone pic taken in bad light, i'll try to get a better one if i ever find my camera cable.This pic was taken the day after his nose came off (that sounds weird!) so it looks very red & sore, it's dried out now & is more of a pink colour :)

hugonose-1.jpg

At least Hugo can't see it!! It doesn't look to be bothering him, although it looks odd to say the least.

I've just taken another phone pic in better light, it's about a week since it came off now, the orangey colour bit at the top is where it's scabbed over.

hugnose3.jpg

Last edited:
Back