• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

swollen eye lids

Lillian

Warren Veteran
omg :cry: i just discovered bernadettes eye lids have swollen up :cry: ive had two buns die from myxi and they both started out like this :cry: :cry: im so worried

Last edited:
not yet, we just got gregs vaccination card through, so we were taking the babies for there first jabs and greg for his booster next week

cdc647a8.jpg

Its myxi isnt it :cry: shes swollen around her bottom too

I'm sorry that your little bun is ill,you need to get her to the vet - goodvibes & well wishes coming your way.

Awww I'm so sorry to hear that! That's terrible. Lots of feel better soon vibes coming your way.

With great sympathy,
Kate
xx

I'm so sorry. I think it was the kindest thing you could do for her as without the partial protection of the vaccine she didn't even have a fighting chance. How old was she?

I'm so sorry. :( You did the right thing, however hard it must feel. x

Can I also say thank you very much for posting that photo, as it helps people know what to look for.

i think she was 3 months 1week and 2 days.. poor hattie doesnt understand why we stole away her baby and bernies sisters dont know whats happening :cry: im just praying the other havent got it too

659b4338.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I am so sorry hun... I lost 2 muns to Myxi just over a month ago and they had not been vaccinated. You did the right thing. I am so so sorry. I had reservations about the jab but now all my buns are done and I currently have a bun with the vaccinated version. My thoughts are with you, I am so sorry for your loss. The others will only have it if they have been bitten my a mozzy with Myxi.

Im so sorry, but although it will feel little conslation right now you really did do the right thing for her.

Binky Free baby Bernie X

sorry about your bun. I have recently lost two to myxi. one was a baby and not yet been vaccinated and my other had been. I still get teary now :(

Back