• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding

kimd6200

Banned
hya all as ive mentioned before about getting thumper a friend once they are all vacc n neutered which will be next week!:D anyway,once they are sorted i want to sort out bondin thumper with a lady friend.how old would she have to be?would she have to be neutered?obviously im not goin rush doing this. my friend has a rew little girl:love: who is only 5wks but by the time ive got my boys sorted she wil be about 3-4mths old.now would she be too young to bond with thumper?and with her bein short sighted would this be a problem? want to get as much advice possible before i even consider it.partner said theres room for them have lady friends and thats it.any comments,advice would be gladly appreciated.
thanks
kim.xxxxx

I would say rabbits with sight problems need a calmer friend and introductions must be done very carefully as they tend either to lash out or bolt from the unknown.

right ok.thanks for that.arh what a shame shes lovely.do rescue centres do single buns or just pairs?that prob sounds stupid!:oops: xid love bond charlie n thumper but someone said its a no go area?:? x

Most have singles as well as pairs but they have to be rehomed into a pair.

Two boys is possible but probably the hardest combination.

id probably go to a rescue for a girly friend because they are already vaccinated and neutered and most rescues will help bond them together which saves you the job and money for vacs and neutering

If I was you, and if your preference is to just have the two rabbits, I'd give them a go together, see how they get on. I had two boys living together, Thumper and Squirrel, and they are best mates still even though they are now part of a group with girls in.

id like that yea.they go in runs next each other n never seen any hate towards them.might give that a go.how long is it best to wait after bein done?x

Back