• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excel food - or SS alternative

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
Has the normal Excel food recipe changed from a few years ago? I moved Evo from Excel to SS as the Excel was giving him excess caecotrophs (sp?), but he's not very keen on the "new" SS recipe, so I was thinking about moving him back to the Excel. I was thinking of moving him to the Excel light, but if the standard Excel has changed, then that might be better as he doesn't need to lose weight.

What other alternatives are there? It needs to be something that's easy to get hold of, preferably in a shop rather than online.

I use Excel and my bunnies don't have a problem. Before Bugys went to the rescue to get bonded with Joey we was trying to change her from museli to excel. My vet's recommend excel lite and she just would not eat it! When we got her back from rescue she loved her excel! The rescue said its because excel lite isn't as tasty but normal excel was fine as she is the right weight and they would only put overweight bunnies on it.
However i'm not sure if its changed?! So not much help really! :lol:

I don't think Excel have increased the fibre content of their food.

Do you have a horse feed supplier near you where you could get hold of some A&P?

I know there was a huge yard thing hun as we left the place I visited in Devon by you, omfg I forget the name of the place already :shock: :lol: :lol:

Surely you could find a stockist hun of A&P but I bet Evo wont liek it for a while cos when I changed my buns from SS to A&P they were not impressed lol! :thumb:

Where do you normally buy from? Why not see if they can get you samples of different foods they can supply? Our local supply shop gave us 40p of g.pig food just to try as we weren't sure they would adapt to it rather than a whole bag.

Maria x

I never had any probs with any of my my buns on Excel (used it for years and years) but I only gave it as a treat so literally a sprinkling a day.

I did change to Oxbows Bunny Basics T though as I felt it a better composition. My two new buns are doing fantastic on it, they too only have a sprinkling at night.
You can get any vet surgery to order it in for you and some pet shops sell it :D

There is a website that repackages and sells smaller bags....If anyone knows what site it is can you let me know please????

I have moved Caspian onto A&P for his gut problems as its very high fiber and he adores it but a whole sack would last him a lifetime and the others love SS.

Someone on here (AlisonA I think) was saying that Excel has increased its fibre content and it's about 1% under SS. :? Don't quote me though - could be wrong!

The Lite excel is 18% fibre so just below SS. I personally think this would be better than the regular excel - if you find excel easy to get hold of, I'd buy the lite version.

I meant to say that the website doesn't mention a recipe change for excel and fibre of the regular one is only 16% still.

Also I meant to say it's Bunnymail that do the repackaged A and P.

Okaaaaay.......... where sells the big sacks of A&P online? I can't find anything on their website, so even if I did get a local place to order it for me, I wouldn't know what to ask for. :lol:

I use Excel myself, but had a barney one day when I found the pellets stuck together moldy in large clumps in the unopened bag... not good!

But that was an isolated case.

Back