• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ross Rabbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppymum

Alpha Buck
Okay, Ive decided that I would like another Dwarf Lop, and have been looking around, and these people keep cropping up whenever I do a search. Ive had a read through their web pages and they seem to be really nice people, and really know/love their buns.

Does anyone here have a bunny from Ross Rabbits or know about them?

They are quite big breeders arn't they?

Have you considered a rescue? Pure breeds end up in rescues too.

yes, I have spoken to two (small) rescues, and they refused because I have dogs and because I work for a Pet shop (Pets Corner)

Im SURE theres been at least two really bad reports of Ross Rabbits on here :? Definately try another rescue, they'd def see no problem if dogs & working for a pet shop were the only problems! :) Xx

I also have a dog a big one at that(she is a St Bernard)I also have two cats.
Adopted Smokey and Fudge with no problems at all.
Had a home check tonight aswell.:D
I don,t see a problem.

I think working for Pets Corner may have put them off a bit, even tho Pc is really good when it comes to pets and I used to do Rabbit foster. The second one I spoke to, I told her that I would prefer a neutered lop boy, age immaterial, but must be up to date with vaccinations because of the area. She got very offish with me and said that I wasnt a suitable candidate

I have a dog that loves one of my rabbits!

Cassie's boyfriend Thumper died and since then the dog sits at her hutch/run all day long if she can (and sometimes cassie will come down to give her a sniff!)

I'd suggest where ever you go you visit in person so you can see for yourself :)

Tam

I was going to do that..Im just really annoyed that just because I work for a (responsible) pet shop, where I could quite easily buy a bunny, I am being refused a rescue

I think it's unlikely you're being refused because of your job - most rescues don't even ask what you're employed as! A dog would usually only be an issue if you can't keep the two separate or the particular rabbit you were looking at was nervous. I would try another rescue. Try startinng by asking what their homing requirements are, then you can check you match them and make any changes before organising a home check.

Tam

I have two rescue bunnnies and the rescue never asked where i worked:? I had a homecheck tonight and they never asked either.
I also have a dog but keep her seperate from the bunnies as i don,t want her to scare them.She is a big soft St Bernard and would probably run a mile if she saw the bunnies anyway:lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back