• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

question for other rescues....

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Just wondering what other rescues policies are on re homing with regards to excersise areas.

we prefer a large run with a lid ...but do sometimes rehome to free range garden bun homes if the garden is secure and buns are put away at night.

Also what about large enclosures with high sides but no top?

On the one hand we could say safety is best ...so a run with lid is a mustt ...

but then ...

Anyone who sees bunnies running free in a garden has to admit that it makes for vry happy bunnies ...but there is an element of risk.:?

just wondered what other rescues views / policies were on this??:? :?

I know this is a question for rescues (which I'm most definitely not) but have an awful story. My OH's friend had rabbits in a high (7ft-ish) walled garden (buns out in day and put away at night). One day she went out and came back to complete carnage. The neighbour had put a swing seat up the other side of the wall and a Fox had used that as a step and jumped over. The Fox couldn't get out and was still in the garden. You can imagine the scene :cry:
So I would personally not do it (my garden is completely inappropriate for this anyway) unless you could trust what is on the other side.
Claire

I have only rehomed bunnies who have access to a garden on the proviso they are under supervision at all times or else in a lidded run.

Back