• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*sang in a nervous tone* I can't catch my rabbit, what do i do?

rianne23

Mama Doe
she is out in the garden and she has learnt that i catch her to put her to bed...and now she knows how to dodge me and hide in the bushes amongst the spiders and things and i dont want her to get caught by a cat...HELP!!

Cant you put a bowl of food out and some yummy veg so when she eats it you can get her or put food in a carry case so when she hops in you can shut the door? xx

:lol: :lol: :lol: Its only because i do that for Patch and Benji as they hate being picked up and will avoid it at all costs :lol: xx

I have this saga every evening, I take it in turn letting the fosters have a bit of free range exercise but they never come back to me. I have what my hubby calls a 'pig board' which is a peice of plywood or sometimes use a bit of fire guard, it gives my arms a bit more length and the bunnies can be 'ushered' to where its easier to catch... I think they actually like me chasing them.:lol:

:lol: see now she did this to me the other day and i ended up like a cross between lara croft and worzel gummage in and out of the bushes, covered in mud and all sorts :shock: , leaves and twigs stickin out of my hair...:roll: :lol: lol!!

I have this saga every evening, I take it in turn letting the fosters have a bit of free range exercise but they never come back to me. I have what my hubby calls a 'pig board' which is a peice of plywood or sometimes use a bit of fire guard, it gives my arms a bit more length and the bunnies can be 'ushered' to where its easier to catch... I think they actually like me chasing them.:lol:

:shock: :lol: yesterday it took my 1yr old crawling after her, me and my cousin to round Daisy up lol :roll: :lol:

Put some of her pellets in a plastic pot and rattle it, then show her what's in the pot, and keep rattling it until she follows you to her hutch or until you can nab her....works with all of mine!

:cry: no i havent! the thing is i have only had her 4 weeks so she is still unsure of me

Oh no, have you tried the food trick Hayley mentioned?

You might have to round up the neighbours or family to help otherwise it'll be dark soon.......

Sending bunny catching vibes to you...:D

When mine have got up the garden I stroll along not making any eye contact, with a plastic washing basket - pop it over them when they're not expecting it and kind of shuffle it along the ground to safety.

When mine have got up the garden I stroll along not making any eye contact, with a plastic washing basket - pop it over them when they're not expecting it and kind of shuffle it along the ground to safety.

Fantastic Idea!!! If I had a pound for everytime I am out there with a broom, or on the floor having tried to dive bomb and missed!

:lol: i finally caught her!! by throwing a towel over her ...it gave her a delay in moving, then she fleed under her hutch where i kinda dived lol and got her lol then told her what a cheeky bunny she is :lol: i think that washing basket is a fab idea!! i tell u what though, Daisy's halo is slowley slipping that's for sure :lol:

hehe naughty Daisy, my bun Dusty does this, normally I make sure there is someone about to help me catch him, we corner him and he gives up, if I only let him exercise in his run he gets mardy! He has now unfortunately realised he can hide under his hutch and I can't reach him!!! :roll: :lol:

Will definately be trying the washing basket method thou!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad you've caught her - they learn quick though and it's hard to catch them out more than a couple of times whatever method you use. I fenced off my garden with lots of nursery fireguards from Argos, but it cost a bit - I think they'd be long gone otherwise as they are diggers :roll:

I think you need to get a routine going so that she learns what is required of her. My two know that if I go out into the garden they have to back into the shed and 99% of the time they just head off on their own accord with me following behind :D The other 1% I too am chasing them round the garden, under bushes etc :roll:

Back