• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

two house bunnies need home urgent !!!!!

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
A lady called me today, she is moving to yorkshire at the end of the week and cant take her bunnies with her:cry:,
they are a bonded pair both neautered, male and female 4 years old,the male is a giant lop x and the female is a dwarf of some kind,
these 2 bunnies need a special home because the female, when she was speyed the vets messed up and somehow fused her digestive tract :? so she is a very delicate little bunny and constantly has soft poo,s,
rabbit welfare have told the lady that everywhere is full and basically there is no hope of getting these bunnies placed :shock: so now she is considering to have them put to sleep,
they,ve never lived outside so will need an indoor home
CAN ANYONE HELP? has to sorted by friday

thank god I know someone on here will be able to take them, or I'd take them and I think O/H would leave me :( it's that mention of 'PTS' - I couldn't bare it if they were PTS just cos of circumstances that were not their fault. I might be able to help with a bunny run if it means them being saved :)

the bunnies are still with the owner as at the moment im full, the owner is quite upset and feels its her only choice, ive reassured her that hopefully i can sort this to save them being put to sleep but if they,ve got no where to go by friday then who knows :cry:

Two house bunnies need home urgent

Thanx sooz, will talk to her and see what she says,she,s moving to rippon are you anywhere near there

the bunnies are still with the owner as at the moment im full, the owner is quite upset and feels its her only choice, ive reassured her that hopefully i can sort this to save them being put to sleep but if they,ve got no where to go by friday then who knows :cry:

where is owner living with buns for now do they have their house hutch etc with them? i mean mayb one of us.... could foster them until they have space at a rescue?

two house bunnies urgent

they are living free reighn of the house so are not caged at all, but she did say she had an egluu hutch/ run

I'm not far from Ripon so could probably collect them from there and if your stuck for transport, I used to go there quite a lot when my ex was based there but don't know it that well.

If rescue's are struggling I could possibly foster short term providing o/h agrees - so long as its not for too long because I wouldn't want to get attached.

Last edited:
they would be indoor wiv me if they came to me, but i dont have a spare cage. I'm probably not much help at all, but if there's anything at all I can do, just let me know :)

Its an hour & twenty minutes from me.

If you can take them in and it stops them from being PTS I'll transport them for you, ripon is 27 miles away from mine and Sheffield isn't too far, I took the buns to Tina's for their hols.

Last edited:
she is moving to rippon...but where is she moving from? as mayb there are people living near her current location could help?

she is moving to rippon...but where is she moving from? as mayb there are people living near her current location could help?

If the RWA say all her local rescues are full she is gonna have to look further afield.

Sarah I can take them straight away.

If the RWA say all her local rescues are full she is gonna have to look further afield.

Sarah I can take them straight away.

Okay, if she can't go to you direct and will bring them up to Ripon I'll collect them for you- must be awful to not be able to take bunnies to a new home.

Sarah I can take them straight away.[/QUOT

not what i meant... great if you can take them i just meant if they didnt want them on a long journey and someone who is on here could foster till space available. at a local rescue or even forever home if they lived near..but if ur taking them good glad they got home sorted. :)

Back