• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Monty got me today, almost have to call the fire dept.

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
I can't believe Monty manage to do this: He was outside w/ Minnie, so I expect the 2 bunnies mingle and have a good time. Half way thru, when I walk out and check on them for the 3rd time, I couldn't find Monty. I looked everywhere in the backyard, which is all fenced.

Then I finally saw this:

monty00244hc2.jpg

monty00245wp7.jpg

The hole is bigger than the one Monty dig up, because I need to reach in and try to grab him. Out of all the places in the backyard, and I have a large 70 ft. long by 30 ft. wide or so back yard, he manage to dig a hole at the rear concrete stairwell, a little hole and manage to slide himself underneath it.

And I thought he was stuck in there. I was thinking of calling the fire dept., and they might have to break the fence and somehow smash the concrete stairwell, and I thought if they smash it, he might get hurt inside.

In the end, I dig that hole bigger, and he come out on his own. I nearly panick today. I thought between these 2, Minnie is the naughty one, apparently not.

There is however, 2 pieces of good news:

1) I found my screwdriver under the stairwell, it was missing for months, and I thought someone stole it.

2) I now know there is soil settlement under the stairwell, it used to be the other side only, & I so happen to have a lot of bad soil and weed, I'm going to fill up that hole tomorrow, along with the gap between my stairwell and the soil.

Last edited:
What a nightmare :shock: Glad it ended well though - and he won't catch you out like that again now you know he's a digger :D

Back