• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fighting Furby again! advice please

karen354

Warren Veteran
Its been about 6 or 7 weeks now since Thomas(male) joined Fudge(male) and Furby(female).. Furby is still chasing him and fulling his fur :( Thomas doesn't want to fight her usualy he jumps over her to get out of her way..
I went out earlier and when I came home Andy said they'd have a little fight, I went out and there was lots of fur lying around.. Things are fine again which usually happens within minutes of fighting they are fine again...
Should I seperate them ? Fudge and Thomas are great mates but Furby still hasn't accepted Thomas...

have you tried the usual bonding tricks of putting squashed banana on their heads to get them grooming each other? tried the journey in the car in a carrier to help bond? Ash took several months to settle into my six, she came to me in april, was bonded in in may and only now is really settled. i dithered for so long over whether to take her out that by the time i realised i needed to make a decision she was part of the gang!:lol: :oops:

Well there's been another scuffle :( .. Ive put them back into their enclosure and just given them their tea to settle them down..
All is calm again but not sure for how long....

I will try the banana again, haven't done that since the first few days of bonding.. I really don't want to seperate them as I'd have to buy another shed and adopt a female bun to pair up with Thomas..

I have no experience of bonding groups but Charlie and Tia wouldn't bond together at all and it took months before they could be together without fighting. They then got to a point where they would tollerate each other but they were not lovey and wouldn't groom each other. Now they are happily bonded couple - took over 6 months though. My other pairs have little tiffs and sometimes a bit of a scuffle maybe they are like us and sometimes get fed up fo their OHs. I wouldn't give up yet.

It's strange that the males have accepted each other you would have thought it would be them to fight.

It's strange that the males have accepted each other you would have thought it would be them to fight.

It always seems to be the doe that is boss in trio's consisting of two bucks...mine used to be the same but then they had a tiff and the structure shifted.

Yes Suzanne I thought I would have trouble with the two males, they are lovely together. . Furby just wasn't happy today she doesn't want Thomas around :( she went off sulking in the shed a few times today..
I know I'm going to have to give it more time it just worrys me that Thomas is being either bullied or ignored.

I got up early this morning, as soon as I went out to them Furby chased Thomas and then sat there with a load of his lovely white fur in her mouth. .
I've let Thomas and Fudge out of their enclosure to have garden play but left Furby in there on her own until she calms down.. Is this the right thing to do ? or will it make her dislike Thomas even more :(

Back