• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is a 5ftX5ft run big enough?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
I was just wondering if a 5ftX5ft run is big enough for my two rexes. They love bouncing around and binkying. They have a litter tray and a animal natura house and I'm hoping to get a digging box soon. There won't be much space left. Should I extend it? I can get pictures of the space at the moment if you want.

I would say build as big a run as you can. The more running around and binkying they can do, the more enjoyment you will get from watching them.

My 2 rexes have a 5x8ft run and I often wish it was bigger.

If you have a garden they can safely run around in, then the run size is not quite so important (unfortunately my garden is not secure enough so all they have is their run).

mine only have their run too. Would I be able to ask for wire mesh panels to extend the run from a carpenter or Happy Hutch?

Alvin hated the run i got for him, spent the whole time trying to find a way out (hes not a fan of being caged)... so he gets the yard probably smaller than you 5ftx5ft run...lol... hes not really that fussed about outside tho he much prefers going up and down our stairs....:lol: :lol:

The bigger the run the better,ive built mine onto the playhouse and at the moment stands at 16ft:lol: good job i have a big backgarden:lol:

Back