• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help me please!

Brian

Young Bun
Hi everyone,
I've got a rabbit called Brian at first we fort it was a boy but he is now a she and has had babbies! they are lovely babies and are 5 Weeks today she has had 3 Little Bunnys and i would like to keep one but i need a easy way to tell the sex of them please send some advice.

Thanks Brian
xxx

Hi Brian

Even very experienced keepers/vets struggle to tell a rabbits sex at 5 weeks. The babies should stay with mum until at least 8 weeks and you will have better luck sexing them then.....however its still hard if you dint know what your looking for so I would recommned asking a rabbit savvy vet to to it for you.

Hi Sooz22,
Thanks for that quick and nice reply i will take them to a Savvy vet at 8 weeks. do you no when they make babies at what age ?

Thanks Brian
xxx

Its not unknown for them to be able to breed at 12 weeks so they should be seperated from mum and split into boys and girls by about 10 weeks.

Bucks usually mature faster and there are reports of 3 month old males impregnating their mothers :shock:

Oh no! Good luck with sexing the babies - is Mum going to be spayed once the kits are weaned? I'd advise doing that as it's better for her health and temperament. :thumb: Good luck and if you need help homing the babies then we're here to help!

AMETHYST

Back