• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

will she stop liking me?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I have to flush sorrels chin abscess scar out twice daily with antiseptic.

She really hates this, I think it stings.

Will she start associating me with pain and thus stop liking me? And is there anything I can do to prevent this? she has always been really affectionate and loves people so I would hate for this to change.

thanks

I don't think she will. But you could always offer her a reward afterwards. Something really jummy, that she normally wouldn't get for example. That might make it more acceptable for her. Since she will start linking the flushing with something nice afterwards, it might even get easier for you to do it?

Good luck!

Aww, she won't dislike you, my Remus had to be force fed for a number of days and believe me he hated this even though it was to keep him alive, it sounds silly but in many ways we are closer than we used to be, I think somehow they figure that its for their own good.

Because he couldn't eat I couldn't provide him with something nice but I don't see why Clicquot bribery idea wouldn't work :)

I hope Sorrel feels better very soon.

thankyou, she is taking it very well to be fair and doesnt make it overly difficult for me, i can just tell she dislikes it. I've saved her a branflake for after I clean her this evening. (she's not normally allowed them!)

Back