• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many of us have buns with Myxi?

:cry: bit of a sore subject for me hunni but i wish u and caramel all the best of luck in the world, i sure hope she pulls thru

how much does it cost if your bunny does develop it? i am worried i wont be able to afford to have Daisy treated if she gets it now? i did all i could to protect her this time as did all u guys....

how much does it cost if your bunny does develop it? i am worried i wont be able to afford to have Daisy treated if she gets it now? i did all i could to protect her this time as did all u guys....

No idea as I have all the drugs here anyway and am using them on advice from my vet. You would be looking at paying consult fees plus the cost of baytril or penicillin aswell if she were to develop secondary infections.

:cry: Big hugs to you all and your bunnies.
I dread to think what you are all going through.
Sending lots of vibes.

garden18June2006016.jpg

I am not nursing him myself, but my Dad's rabbit Basil has myxi. He has not been vaccinated so chances are he will not make it through. So far, his breathing and his nose are clear, it is mainly his eyes that are showing the signs of the disease.

Good luck to everyone and their buns with this awful disease.

Anyone who has not vaccinated their bunny cos they think the risks are low (eg no wild bunnies nearby etc.) please please think again. This has certainly made my Dad realise he was naive not to vaccinate.

I had an after hours call-out and my total bill was £120.00. If I'd rung an hour earlier I'd have saved the call-out fee !

No idea as I have all the drugs here anyway and am using them on advice from my vet. You would be looking at paying consult fees plus the cost of baytril or penicillin aswell if she were to develop secondary infections.

consultation for a rabbit at my vets is £12 (i think:mine have only ever been in for jabs, spaying,a nd when post spay/post jab they threatened and got slight sniffles, so wa sonly charged a follow up fee £5).

baytrill we pay about £6 a go for (every few months i tend to have a hamster, bird, gerbil, or bun on it.....with so many pets i knwo there is no wonder!)

my twio are due their jabs in december. last time domino threatened and gots lights niffles (he jumped when the vet came near with the needle, and made it very clear he didnt like them!), i'm hoping this time things will go abit better poor boy.

I have two buns with nodular myxi :( Willow has it on her nose and one scab has just fallen off - she is fine in herself and has needed no treatment up to now (crosses fingers). Florence has nodular myxi and it has affected her right eye :( but she is eating well and doing fine so fingers crossed for her as well.
All buns have been vaccinated and this is the first ever time that I have had buns with nodular myxi :(

Monty has just recovered from it. He was vaccinated in May.

It cost £80 call out (typical he started showing signs at 9.45pm on a saturday night :roll: ) but was £120 in end I think with meds and then he had two consultations afterward which were check ups and to get more meds... Probably about £200 when all was said and done but I still have him with me thankgoodness ! :love: :love: :love:

Back