• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much do you feed your rabbits?

Is that twice or once daily? I'd say its more than enough, mine dont get anything like that between them :lol: Xx

Neither does Bumble - my vet told me to give a small closed handful once a day...........mind you this could have been because he wasnt interested in hay AT ALL when I fed bigger portions. Now he loves his hay :lol: :lol:

All depends on the size of the rabbit (and the bowl)
I feed my dwarf mix 1 handfull of pellets each day and the rexes 2 handfuls each.

Alvin gets about a cup full of pellets to last 24hours.... 100g of 3 diff types of veg a day split into breakfast and lunch.... hay all thro the day but he only seems to eat it at night when nothing else is available...lol

i do use veg to tempt him into his cage when i need to lock him up so possibly more than 100g of veg...:oops:

Mine get a egg cup full of pellets with readigrass and veggies morning and night. Also hay adlib 24/7 :D

Mine all get a handful of SS, whcih was mainly to help encourage hay eating didn't work of course till i bought excel forage yesterday now buttons can't get enough of the stuff:roll:

Mine get hardly any - 6 SS pellets each in the morning and 6 in the evening. I've tried all different amounts and that's what seems to work best.

mine get a snack ball twice a day. one snack ball is about one and 1/2 handfuls. no veg yet. grass for 6 hours a day. ab-lib hay.

i am mean as anything :oops: mine get a couple of teaspoons of pellets maybe every other day :? although they daily get loads and loads of hay and a wide selection of veges. they seem healthy and the vet always comments on their fantastic condition:)

Should I be worried my lot get through a bowl a day? They aren't over weight (but Asbeau is a bit podgy) they have unlimeted meadow hay and get mountain hay or redi grass every otehr day.
Mine don't have much veg, they get it once a week, they are all ahppy and teh vets say my rabbits are in good condition aswell.
they get summat like spring greens, pak choi, pasrley, baby bananas etc

They;ll only eat what u give them, so give them a bowlful....theyll eat it, give them a handful...theyll eat it!
Dont fall for the 'Im starving' look they give u everytime u see them! As long as they have unlimited hay and are eating it they'll be fine!

Millie only gets a small handful of SS a day (plus 2 big bowls of greens and unlimited hay:D ) She does loads of big healthy poops so I'd say it must agree with her tummy!;) :lol:

Back