• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question about freeads

ZakuraRabbit

Mama Doe
I was just wondering something... I have seen occasionally some people seem to react lots to rabbits being sold at free ads, and many times it appears its bad enough that the bunnies are being sold THERE of all places, and I can't help but wonder...why is free ads so bad? (Not that I know much of this website...as I live quite far from UK I haven't bothered checking it out)
Surely if you had a rabbit that needed a home, wouldn't it be better if you let many people know about it? Instead of just a limited amount of persons who maybe has a lot of bunnies already.
Regardless of where you put up an add, you don't have to sell the rabbit to the first person that comes by right? ;)
Personally if I had to rehome a rabbit, I'd want as many people knowing about it as possible :D
Does it really make you a bad person only based on the place where you advertise your bun?

The freeads in the uk are used by many different people who want to 'rehome' or 'sell for profit' their rabbits.

There are people who are large and smaller scale breeders who reguarly sell intentionally bred rabbits on the freeads.

There are people who are large and smaller scale breeders who reduce their intentionally bred stock by getting rid of their excess stock that they have no room for as their next litter is due to arrive and they have no space. These are normally free to good homes.

There are people who breed the odd litter accidentally who have tried to get rehome through friends and neighbours who then try and sell or rehome as free to good homes. These people may care about the location where their rabbit is rehomed to.

There are people who end up accidentally breed or due to sheer ignorance or lack of interest keep breeding rabbits or unwillingness to pay for neutering end up with buns they need to 'get rid off'. These people have no interest in where they go as long as they are not on their property.

There are also people who have bought rabbits and they have lost interest in them and want to give their rabbits a new lease of life.

Some of these animals come from desperate situations living in filthy cramped situations, others in good clean, spacious accomodation.

Freead rabbits attract a lot of emotive issues for people some justifiably others not so ... the problem is you dont know until you actually collect them.

Back