• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Local garden centre selling pets again :(

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
Went into a local garden centre (don't think i can name?) which had stopped selling animals ages ago, only to find they are back and in worse conditions than our friends at p@h.
4 bunnies each in a tiny pen all looking sad and scared hiding under a load of hay they were £40 each. They also had hamsters as well didn't see any piggies though.
I am very disappointed as they stopped this ages ago, why start again?

Well, P@H is allowed to be mentioned so i'm sure everywhere else is :)

It's not Wyevale is it? I wouldn't have thought they'd start again, considering all the activists who campaigned against them :?

Well, P@H is allowed to be mentioned so i'm sure everywhere else is :)

It's not Wyevale is it? I wouldn't have thought they'd start again, considering all the activists who campaigned against them :?

It is not naming companies which is the problem, it is what is said about them which could be seen as a problem, being a public forum you need to be able to support / prove anything which is said about anything. Making libelous statements not only can lead yourself into court but does also present people who run any forum into similiar problems.

There is more information on this http://www.wave.net/immigration/lawyer/libel.html

Same thing happened at a Garden Centre near me :evil:

Janex

It's probably the same one. I think Katie must live somewhere near you. ;)

Probably people have been asking about animals, and if enough people ask, then the garden centre hopes it will make some money with them. :(

It is not naming companies which is the problem, it is what is said about them which could be seen as a problem, being a public forum you need to be able to support / prove anything which is said about anything. Making libelous statements not only can lead yourself into court but does also present people who run any forum into similiar problems.

There is more information on this http://www.wave.net/immigration/lawyer/libel.html

That's kinda what I meant - she's not saying anything libelous, and what she is saying is positively mild compared to most of the comments made about P@H on here :lol:

I'm just nosy and want to know which chain :lol:

NOOO!!!
In the past we took in a lot of rabbits that originated from this garden centre. Now it will all start again. Give me strength.

NOOO!!!
In the past we took in a lot of rabbits that originated from this garden centre. Now it will all start again. Give me strength.

We will be back to the days of the piggie shed being full up with bunnies amd having to shift them as soon as we have an empty hutch elsewhere :shock:

Why can't they can't be content with selling plants?! :evil: :cry:

I have quite a large amount of garden centre vouchers which I had been spending at non livestock selling garden centres ... will have to find another non local place to spend them now. I have the same policy with pet supplies as well ;)

I have just visited this Garden Centre
All I can say is :censored: :censored: :censored:

Brace yourself for an intake of a certain type of Rabbit ARC :roll:

But hey, never mind we all know how cheap it is for a Rescue to get a Rabbit ready for rehoming. I mean neutering and vaccinating costs peanuts doesn't it.

Janex

I have just visited this Garden Centre
All I can say is :censored: :censored: :censored:

Brace yourself for an intake of a certain type of Rabbit ARC :roll:

But hey, never mind we all know how cheap it is for a Rescue to get a Rabbit ready for rehoming. I mean neutering and vaccinating costs peanuts doesn't it.

Janex

Yes, it will cost us a fortune whilst the breeder sits back and makes loads of money from selling anything they can breed, it's unbelievable:shock: :censored: :censored:

Perhaps the breeder who supplies them would like to publicly agree to cover any rescue costs of any of these bunnies who end up in a rescue...

As we know the breeder is completely certain none will end up unwanted as the centre is so careful in who they sell to..surely the breeder won't lose much by this agreement? :? :?

Perhaps the breeder who supplies them would like to publicly agree to cover any rescue costs of any of these bunnies who end up in a rescue...

As we know the breeder is completely certain none will end up unwanted as the centre is so careful in who they sell to..surely the breeder won't lose much by this agreement? :? :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PMSL at that one Jill!!:lol: :lol:

Yes, it will cost us a fortune whilst the breeder sits back and makes loads of money from selling anything they can breed, it's unbelievable:shock: :censored: :censored:

I'm afraid I must correct you there :no: The breeder makes absolutely NO MONEY from breeding, and just does it for the sheer love of it :rolleyes:

I'm afraid I must correct you there :no: The breeder makes absolutely NO MONEY from breeding, and just does it for the sheer love of it :rolleyes:

Look here Elve!!, I have already changed my knickers once from wetting them laughing and now I will have to go and change again!!:lol: :lol:

Back