• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Best of These Breeds?

Jenk

Young Bun
I know that, in the future, I will share my life with more bunnies. For now, I like to imagine the breed(s) that might share my home. Of course, I put personality above appearance and am drawn to the following breeds.

If you could only choose one bunny, which breed would you choose and why? They are:

Jersey Wooly
Himalayan
Holland Lop
Netherland Dwarf
Dutch

Of course, I'm open to learning why I should consider another breed and why it kicks the pants off of those listed here. ;)

I think you go out with an idea of what you want and trust me you always end up with what do you didnt expect!

i wanted a lionhead, or a breed with sable/siamese colouing and i fell in love with a very dainty tri colour!!!

Himalayan because I've always wanted one as they are so beautiful. I'm going to have rabbits for the whole of my life.

Ironically, I didn't like the look of the Himmy at first. (I suspect that's because I've had two negative run-ins with a Siamese cat and simply distrusted the Himmy's coloration. :roll:)

I've since read nothing but positive things about the Himmy's personality, though; thus, I've added the breed to my wish list.

Mind you, when I go to adopt my next bunny (or bunnies), they may turn out to be mixed rather than purebred. It matters not, as long as we mesh. :D

Dutch! ^^
But that's only because I have a weakness for the breed. I always think they look very striking, and the three I have owned have all been lovely... so I'm biased.

Dutch! ^^
But that's only because I have a weakness for the breed. I always think they look very striking, and the three I have owned have all been lovely... so I'm biased.

In this thread, bias is absolutely allowed. ;)

And as I've said, if it's another breed that you prefer, feel free to try persuading me to your camp. I'm all (rabbit) ears. :D

I love dutch bunnies!!

They generally have outgoing personalities, they're fun to watch and are gorgeous also!!

I have a mini lop - who is the most hyperactive, but loving bunny I could wish for... and a dwarf lop - who is a little grumpy but sweet natured all the same.

I initially wanted a blue eyes lion head, lol!! But you can't always have what you wish for... and I wouldn't change either of my babies for the world :)

xx

Well since I'm obsessed with Lionheads I'd say get a Lionhead. But I think a dutch might be nice, my bridge bunny Bunnykins was a Dutch Cross, and she was beautiful, a bit moody, but very loving

vikki:wave:

I would say netherland dwarf. they always have great personalities and are boistrous even though small. i have kept quite a few of these and always been great pets.

my most friendly rabbit was Steve, and he was an albino rex. he was very friendly (apart from being picked up) and fun to have in the house. always greeted us and not at all scared of anything

I would like a dutchie (goes without saying), a dalmation rex, a lionhead a velveteen and a giant! That is my bunny wish list. However their personality and need is far more important!

Well I've never owned any of those breeds apart from the ND, which is my nethie Liquorice. She is just pint sized perfection so yes I'd go with her breed ;) :love: :love: :love: :love:

Dutchies all the way :)

my neutered dutch is very aggressive, but I don't think that has anything to do with the breed, but my dutch doe is fantastic :) she is loveable, adn hyper- perfetc bunny she can also be very relaxed and laidback :)

I would like a Himalayan, a giant, a netherland dwarf, a french lop and definitely more rexes in the future!!!!

My only bias against the larger lops is that I'd be too fearful of stepping on those long ears, should they get underfoot. (I occasionally step on my cat; he's very adept at getting beneath human's feet whenever they're about to step back or are in mid-walk.)

if has to be off your list then it either a brown grey or tort dutch, buuuut i love my rexes any colour not fussy just rexes,

I would always have nethies again - they are adorable :D and rescues seem to be full of them for some reason :( I would never buy from a breeder though, so it's just as well for me :rolleyes: when rescues have no more nethies, sadly there will always be a ton of other adorable bunnies with no home, so I'll always be spoilt for choice I'm afraid :?

dutches are great, i have a pair of boys in my bonded 7 and they are the naughtiest but also the most affectionate. most of my 28 buns over the years have been crosses, but i have a huge soft spot for sooty fawn lops, my all time fav bun was one. one day i might just have a pair of giants rather than a whole herd, not sure i can sustain looking after so many for many more years. good luck, and you will prob find your bun chooses you! x Jess

I ADORE Dutch rabbits.

They are such little characters and the boys seem to be very loving and affectionate. They are intelligent and mischevious....never a dull moment.

They are also resilient little things and they certainly have the awwww factor.

Also find them quite easy to handle.....they feel like little bean bags...all the weight falls into their bums when you pick them up.

id say either Dutch or Netherland Dwarf :D

id love a Polish rabbit (about the size of a Nethie but with bigger ears and diffrent build) but ive been told that Polish buns are hard to breed so im guessing their a rare breed in the uk which makes the chances of me getting one slim :cry: but in the future i most deffinatly want a Nethie and a Dutch :love:

Back