• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Buster still being a pain updated .....

Kylie541

Warren Veteran
Castrated Wednesday and he been eating veg and hay since but is still not very keen on the idea of eating pellets. Now I have been giving him a fair bit of veg (poops are fine) but should I cut this down to encourage him to eat his pellets?

Last edited:
Has he had a post-op check yet? If not, check his wound and testicles for any heat/swelling or discharge just in case.

If he is pooping OK, I'd cut the veg down a little and see if that helps, although mine always take longer to start eating pellets again then veg/hay.

Yeah he had it this morning and his bits are fine although he has taken out 2 stitches but the wound is clear etc. He is eating and pooing fine and otherwise lively but I am unsure how long to allow him to have so much fresh stuff.

I am so pleased my little man is now eating pellets, loads of hay and all greens. He is also playing toys and charging about like a looney as he has spent his first full day as a free range bunny with no biting the doggies and only one accident on the carpet :D :angel: I love him so much it was heart breaking to see him soooooooooooooo poorly.:cry:

i was racked with guilt over Alvin... that was sooooon forgotten when he got his revenge..... little demon went at the wallpaper like hed never seen it before... i knew he was 100% better then.... :lol: :lol:

Back