• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best Home Made Toys

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
I know people give bunnies telephones books and stuff to destory but i wondered what homemade stuff ppl give their bunnies?

I just burried a few little home grown carrots in an old seed tray, with the tops poking out and domino and pebbles are going MAD for it, there digging the dirt out and loving it!

I make little carrot parcels :lol: Wrap little bits of carrot in newspaper and they have to open them :lol: Paper bags filled with hay and pellets, mine throw them about loads before they can get the stuff out :lol:

In the summer I got lots of small branches/twigs and tied them together at the top to make a kind of teepee. I'd then put food in different places e.g I skewered apples on the top twigs or put grass on the top. The buns loved to climb up or reach up to get the food, and they could also gnaw the tigs.

Currently their favourite 'toy' seems to be chewing the sofa

I just remembered another good thing. Ikea sell these 'clothes organisers' for about £2. I'm sure you can get them elsewhere too. http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90096786 (there's a really long one somewhere)

They're long tubes made of net with compartments in that you're supposed to hang up. basically i just cut holes in the compartment floors and gave it to the bunnies as a tunnel. Then I put food in the compartments. You need to tie both ends to something (e.g. either side of your run) to stop it collapsing. It took mine ages to work it out and they still find it a bit confusing- they think that because they can see through the net they can get through it, but eventually they worked out where the entrance holes were.

I ask carpet supliers for the cardboard tubes they use for the carpets. I then take them home cut them with a hacksaw into little pieces and stuff with timmy hay :D Big tubes full of hay and fun :lol:

I ask carpet supliers for the cardboard tubes they use for the carpets. I then take them home cut them with a hacksaw into little pieces and stuff with timmy hay :D Big tubes full of hay and fun :lol:

Oooh yeh I still have about three massive cardboard tubes under my bed from wrapping paper last christmas :lol: I cut them up and stuff them with hay and just stick a few pellets in the middle :D

Back