• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I Should I Not!!!!!!!!!!

mullethead

Mama Doe
I have too bonded pairs and everyday there out in the run which is split into 2 along with the playhouse.Over the little time i have had with the last bonded pair they seem to be getting on really well with the other bonded pair as topaz has groomed sophie through the seperater of the run and sophie has done it back,they all sit out in the run together,my qeustion being shall i leave it to see how this goes or try a bond or just leave them as 2 bonded pairs as they are very happy anyway:D ,rick:?

I think i would just leave them as they are,but there again i am a wimp:lol:
Its if you try to bond and they all fall out:shock: :?

Oooh, go for it.
If it doesn't work out, you can keep them as two separate pairs. If it does work out... well, the bunnies have more friends to play with?

They are all very happy but would they be even happier in a group i would not want then unhappy with the change of dynamics in the group:?

I think youre either into groups or your not. I like pairs, and feels theyre easier to deal with. I always think of things like, would you need to put all 4 into a carrier to take to the vets? if one was ill and had to be separated, would you be able to put that one back into the group or be left with a single? If one wasnt eating or had sloppy poo, how would you tell?..... then again, I am a worrier and like the simple life but many people bond groups and it works fine!

I think youre either into groups or your not. I like pairs, and feels theyre easier to deal with. I always think of things like, would you need to put all 4 into a carrier to take to the vets? if one was ill and had to be separated, would you be able to put that one back into the group or be left with a single? If one wasnt eating or had sloppy poo, how would you tell?..... then again, I am a worrier and like the simple life but many people bond groups and it works fine!

You have some very good points though:?

I cant speak for others, but in my Trio I can tell which poos belong to who :oops:

I wouldnt say they were any happier than they were living in a pair though.

How would you go on taking them all to the vets,bobby went to have his claws cut down last night and i took sophie aswell but how would you take 4:lol:

Dog sized carrier ;)

Ask Nicola (The Gaffer) she managed!

I think people with larger groups tend to take the sick rabbit and its closest friend to the vets.....but I think a foursome is still a bit intimate for that approach.

I too am happier with having bonded pairs rather than large groups. I dont thik *I* could adequately monitor the eating and pooping of everybun in a large group.

One thing to consider if you do attempt to bond your 2 pairs is that *if* there is a falling out it might actually be between the buns who were fine as a couple. So you'd end up not being able to have a group of 4 and one or both of your pairs may no longer get along

If it aint broke why fix it !! ;)

Janex

Thanks jane,that is something to consider,i also sometimes bring them in for a bit at night(for cuggles)and would of liked it if i could of brought them all in together,i think i might just keep them as pairs as there happy and in not stressed trying to bond a 4some:lol: (not having too sleep in kithen either)rick:D

Back