• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Caramel - Healing Vibes Please u/d vid

catswhiskas

Warren Veteran
Well tonight we have gone for our cuddle on the sofa and her breathing seems quite rapic tonight... there is still the snuffle sound from her nose... but not really any liquid. She hasn't been happlily chattering her teeth either. Her ears are warm but they tend to be like that at this time of the evening... I have checked and her genitals aren't swollen. I am concerned I may have heard tooth grinding but couldn't decide if it was that or her munching a piece of food left in her mouth... she sometimes does that. She has been eating and drinking well and is still bright... She has been off the Baytril for her myxi for a week now. She still has the 1 large lesion next to her nose.... Should I be panicked? :?

Last edited:
Well her temperature is 39.7.... so it is a little high. She has one slighlty runny eye, and is tooth grinding a little bit. Therefore she has had a 2 week course of anti-biotics Bytril, 0.8 twice daily... Eye drops (Fucithalmic), twice daily, Bio-Lapis in water. She also had an Anti Inflam jab Panomec I think and the last of her ear mite jabs, Norocarp I think.... :roll: The nodule looks like it is blocking nostril a bit and is very large. I am so stressed :?

Last edited:
Aw come on princess you can beat this! At least you have some more meds for her now, I have everything crossed, hopefully you'll see improvement soon. It has to be a good sign that she is still bright and eating well.

Aw come on princess you can beat this! At least you have some more meds for her now, I have everything crossed, hopefully you'll see improvement soon. It has to be a good sign that she is still bright and eating well.

Yeah that is what the vet said. She said that she has another bunny under her care who is covered in nodules, where as Princess Caramel only has 1.. however it is on the side of her nostril and we think that it is partially blocking it. Her breathing is quite pronounced at the moment. She is laid in her hutch at the mo... but she has just been eating and chewing a gnaw stick. I just want her to pull through and kick this :censored: disease in the bottom.

It must be awful just having to wait having done all you can :cry: There have been buns on here with much worse symptoms get through it ok. Lots of getting better vibes for caramel, and destressing vibes for you xx

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just uploading a quick vid which I am hoping has captured her breathing... and the nodule... just taken it

The fact that she is eating and is also able to gnaw at a stick would seem to indicate that the noisy breathing is worrying you more than it does her (understandably!!!:) . I'm sure she'll be fine.Floss was covered in the nodules last year, though admittedly none were as big as that one Caramel has. I was going to keep all my healing vibes for Floss, but I'm sure she won't mind sharing one with Caramel. Will pm you.

Sorry Charlotte i've only just seen this.

Sending all the vibes i can for the beautiful girl.

She's certainly making short work of that apple!!

Back